RFI: Ford Edge Titanium 2.0 AWD 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ws6

My girlfriend bought one. I am curious as to what issues she may or may not need to look out for, etc. Basically, any data is good. I did not research this because the purchase was about what she wanted, not some technical breakdown of what is superior/inferior/etc.

Call me a fool but shouldn't research about a product be done before the purchase?

Originally Posted by CT8
Call me a fool but shouldn't research about a product be done before the purchase?

Not when the purchase is based on emotion and aesthetic. "It is what it is". I simply wish to know what is in store. Her vehicle. Her money.

is this the same AWD drive unit called PTU (I think) from the explorers? Originally were very underspeced for fluid volume resulting in issues and needing something like 10k oil changes of the less than a liter volume.

Originally Posted by NYSteve
is this the same AWD drive unit called PTU (I think) from the explorers? Originally were very underspeced for fluid volume resulting in issues and needing something like 10k oil changes of the less than a liter volume.

Luckily the vehicle has a "forever" warranty (unlimited mileage/years), so long as she services it per the manual. The dealership has awesome reviews, and narry a hint of a bad review of said warranty, so I kindof didn't worry about things like this, but that is excellent to know and I will research it further. Thank-you!

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by CT8

Not when the purchase is based on emotion and aesthetic. "It is what it is". I simply wish to know what is in store. Her vehicle. Her money.

I hear you. It wouldn't matter how much research I did on a car if she likes the way it looks that's 90% of the decision.

I see a lot of them on the road. Early models had PTU issues, but I don't believe 16' is affected.

I would still service the PTU, rear diff and Transaxle early. The 2.0 Ecoboost seems to be a good reliable mill and it's a Ford so parts are pretty reasonable.

She definitely could have done worse! The Titanium is a nice package.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back