Engine popped after running out of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
You didn't get the dummy light of no oil pressure?

Reading this thread is what makes me hate dummy lights (I remember them being called idiot lights when I was growing up). They only come on when it's too late. All cars should be required to have a real time gauge pod that constantly monitors all the engine's vitals (oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, engine temp,transmission pressure,transmision temp, etc).

True but you're literally on BITOG discussing oil...99.999% of people aren't. There is such a thing as "too much" info, as far as the typical motorist is concerned ....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
You didn't get the dummy light of no oil pressure?

Reading this thread is what makes me hate dummy lights (I remember them being called idiot lights when I was growing up). They only come on when it's too late. All cars should be required to have a real time gauge pod that constantly monitors all the engine's vitals (oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, engine temp,transmission pressure,transmision temp, etc).

True but you're literally on BITOG discussing oil...99.999% of people aren't. There is such a thing as "too much" info, as far as the typical motorist is concerned ....

Absolutely my brother!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
according to my log book .oil changed on 90,394. it was checked at 91,638 miles and 92,320 miles it was down 1qt to 1qt 1/2 at that time which is not alarming.....

Did you add oil after that oil check?

No 1 or 1-1/2 qt low is not super alarming

after seen it was lower then normal PSI

Normal PSI is 45-50 idle warmed up

and 70-75PSI on a cold start

it was reporting 40 to 42PSI idle that is what prompted me to check it, even though with in manufacture specification with the owners manual claims it can be as low as 30PSI while "running"

it has a very special oil pump it's not a standard oil pump

it's variable oil pump

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by tiger862
Another thread you stated 5 qts oil used in 2500 miles so that is 1 quart every 500 miles.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...er-major-issue-1qt-500-miles#Post5226004
You claimed someone was stealing gas also
All this points to engine problems
Good luck getting chain store to cover as most won't cover once you get any miles on it except oil filter or drain plug falls off and must be an oily mess

This particular poster has made many claims, both under this user name and all the previous ones. We all should be aware of that.

Shame that GHT is allowed back once again
37.gif

So you claim I'm GHT nope never heard of that person...

it was just a average out it does not mean it was using 1qt 500 miles it was lost from the 92k to the fail point

Example:
that is like saying I got 40MPG for one gallon of gas, my next gallon i got 10mpg then the next gallon was 30mpg

but that would avg 26.66mpg for that fill up over 80 miles

which number is preferred 26.66MPH combined or just saying random numbers??

engines vibrate bolts and parts can come loose at anytime ...

that is why some of them use cotter pins

---
i had good reason to claim that my fuel was being stolen in small amounts at a time...1-3 gallons at a time.. they forgot to close the gas cover all the way one time (they slipped up,one time)

After i put a note on my gas cap that says you are on camera the theft stopped my MPG returned to normal I have a very very detailed fuelly log...

from aug 3rd to sept 4th is when the mileage dropped (when I talked very loudly about getting a dash camera) the theft stopped on the sept 4th I went as far as putting a note on the gas cap that says smile for the camera...

the person upstairs from me is broke and can barely pay his bills how can he afford two vehicles at 4.099 a gallon on his SUV and car that gets barely 16mpg.
i was only getting 14 to 17mpg city (I tested it i was getting the normal mpg on the highway filling it up before i went on my short trip 160 miles or so)

so how was my fuel not being stolen?

so

92,320 went from 1-1-1/2 qt down
92486 low oil situation. in 166 miles...

if it's a fast drip you can lose 4 liters in 4 hours it's possible..
that was my total drive time... that day (I took the rural route no cars no traffic to deal with just trees..
smile.gif
plus i get to improve my driving experience by doing the rural routes )

if i also hated my car so much i could have wreaked it today easy as 1,2,3 and get a 6 or 7 digit cash settlement 8 or 9 digit if you sue caltras as well

@the stop sign entrance last night ave 42 in highland park google map it and you will see why somebody ran the stop sign

again right in front of me could have nailed them and got Humongous cash settlement...

as you can see this is a total fail for a freeway entrance might be fine for your 1930,1940's car that can go 20-30 mph!
in that v8 with 59HP

https://goo.gl/maps/jdRXETNFnzQbyUWHA...

also go look up on how nuts and bolts work because you don't know.. the filter is the nut and the engine is the bolt

said nut was not tightened to spec nut came loose (there for the engine oil leaked out )
it did not help that it was well lubricated lol

this is why Tire shops over tighten the lugs so they don't come off easy... very smart of them

when i need my spare tire on my old car when i got a flat i had to call AAA as the lug nuts were over tighten it took two people and a 5 foot breaker bar to get each lug off ...

i had to help him btw

Last edited:
So you're blaming the upstairs neighbor of stealing your gas because you think he/she is broke and shouldn't be able to afford two vehicles and one morning you discovered your gas cap was loose??

That's some warped logic.

This is another of those shovel ready threads. If GovMo is still using cotter pins then that's further proof they haven't progressed since the 70's when they stopped.

thanks
show me your proof
provide proof

you have none

thanks

I read with an open mind, and gave you the benefit of the doubt, but You are the one who is unable to show any PROOF about your serial claims.

Originally Posted by gfh77665

thanks
show me your proof
provide proof

you have none

thanks

I read with an open mind, and gave you the benefit of the doubt, but You are the one who is unable to show any PROOF about your serial claims.

Which proves he is just a troll.

Originally Posted by wemay
So you're blaming the upstairs neighbor of stealing your gas because you think he/she is broke and shouldn't be able to afford two vehicles and one morning you discovered your gas cap was loose??

I think the neighbor took his oil too.

Originally Posted by wemay

I remember maybe 10 or so years ago i think? When gas shot up to an insane amount and gas theft was rampant. People were going crazy buying locking gas caps.

Originally Posted by tiger862
Mine gets check at minimum 1000 miles and after oil change first drive and first 2 tanks of gas.

ðŸ‘
Weekly fluid checks for me...takes <5mins.

Oil changes which I do myself I check right at the change and make nothing is leaking. Then about every day for 4 or 5 days.
Worst case scenario would be once a week.

thanks
show me your proof
provide proof

you have none

thanks

You should learn how bolts and nuts work before commenting this will help you learn

since the threads of the filter are under pressure and pre-lubricated it make it easy to come off.

that is why they use penetration oil to remove stuck bolts.. as it aids in removal of them.

http://www.boltscience.com/pages/Why_nuts_and_bolts_can_self-loosen.pdf

also read this one..
http://www.boltscience.com/pages/gasket.htm

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

thanks
show me your proof
provide proof

you have none

thanks

You should learn how bolts and nuts work before commenting this will help you learn

since the threads of the filter are under pressure and pre-lubricated it make it easy to come off.

that is why they use penetration oil to remove stuck bolts.. as it aids in removal of them.

http://www.boltscience.com/pages/Why_nuts_and_bolts_can_self-loosen.pdf

also read this one..
http://www.boltscience.com/pages/gasket.htm

GO AWAY and stop being obtuse to members. Moderators notified!!

Something doesn't add up here. Checking fluids, and taking note of oil stains on the floor under where a car is usually parked is automotive maintenance 101. Especially after an oil change or other fluid maintenance. Case and point, I did a transmission fluid change and pan replacement on my Jeep Liberty. I installed a Dorman pan with a drain plug, it was old stock which is was unaware of. They used a crush washer which didn't seal properly, and was since upgraded by them. I noticed a few drops of ATF on the driveway the following morning, everything looked OK the day of the service. I checked online and found out others had similar problems. {Lesson learned, I should have checked before hand}. Anyway I got a rubber cork, pulled the drain plug, stuck the cork in the drain hole and put the upgraded crush washer on, problem solved. My point is after any kind of fluid service it is wise to keep an eye out for a few days after the job for leaks.

Also the reason I don't change oil before a trip. If I am going to be close to mileage I change a week ahead as not to have a break down. When I was on the road alot I have changed oil in parking lot but triple check everything then check at each stop until I am positive no problems. Only emergency repairs on trips as these are for me to get a breather. I keep up 4 vehicles at the moment for family so I have to be extra careful as they drive alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back