WIX SL 7503 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

This filter and NAPA blend 5w20 was on a 2010 Ford Focus 4dr 2.0 4cyl engine vehicle.

Miles on oil and filter was about 4,434 and I put the oil and filter on. Put another of these filters and some MS5K 5w20 in and on.

Miles on car is how 122,557 and it sees 50/50% highway to city driving.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by toneydoc
Small but good looking filter
Thanks for the C and P again

Its same size as PH 3614 filter. You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jason_Michaels
Never saw green ADBV before. Thanks for posting.

I had not either. Sure as heck feels like silicone IMO. Very soft and pliable

Question: is this filter better than the Wix 1348? That is what I have used on Focus in the past.

Originally Posted by ThirdeYe
Thank you! Looks like a great filter for that application.

You are welcome

Originally Posted by drtyler
Question: is this filter better than the Wix 1348? That is what I have used on Focus in the past.

Good question sir

According to Wix lookup, the topic filter is not the Wix recommended OF for the Ford Focus. It's recommended/spec applications are for Audi/VW.

The spec Wix/NG 5/1348 is ~3+/10" taller than the topic filter and uses Wix traditional thread end bypass. Also using Wix look up the beta ratio for the 5/1348 is significantly better than the SL7503. So all those things considered, imo I'd take the 5/1348 over the SL7503 for the Ford Focus.

That said, topic filter looks well made and I think the green-ish adbv is likely silicone.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
According to Wix lookup, the topic filter is not the Wix recommended OF for the Ford Focus. It's recommended/spec applications are for Audi/VW.

The spec Wix/NG 5/1348 is ~3+/10" taller than the topic filter and uses Wix traditional thread end bypass. Also using Wix look up the beta ratio for the 5/1348 is significantly better than the SL7503. So all those things considered, imo I'd take the 5/1348 over the SL7503 for the Ford Focus.

That said, topic filter looks well made and I think the green-ish adbv is likely silicone.

Thanks for c&p.

Yeah, I gotta agree Sayjac. I was contemplating running on the Camry but I'll use em' up on friends new VW Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back