What if any is your favorite cologne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZZman
Many people don't like cologne/wear any. Many wear only at special occasions. Many rely on scented body washes instead.

What about you?

My favorite is Polo Double Black. It is more or a woodsy, spice scent. Not over powering.

I dont wear cologne. I use deodorant and a decent soap. Not stinking is my goal. Smelling good is incidental.

Use to when I was young and I mean in my teens. Good old Jade East, English Leather and Canoe were big back then. Now I don't. I walk by some guys and the smell will almost knock you down. Soap and antiperspirant is all you need.

Originally Posted by Bud
Use to when I was young and I mean in my teens. Good old Jade East, English Leather and Canoe were big back then. Now I don't. I walk by some guys and the smell will almost knock you down. Soap and antiperspirant is all you need.

Brut, Pierre Cardin was my favorite.
cheers3.gif

My now-deceased mother in law bought me a bottle of Stetson for Christmas one year. Very rarely I will put on a tiny dab of it in her memory. I expect the bottle to last the rest of my life and beyond.

Intuition by Estée Lauder, very subtle

Aqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani, moderate

YSL or Versace EDP-s are my preferred. I'm trying out a Burberry now but it's a little too mild.

Have a Prada EDT that's for weekends only.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Many people don't like cologne/wear any.

Count me in that group. I don't want to smell like anything.

Agreed. I don't need to be smelling people and the strange fufu stuff they spray on. Too many people overdo it and it becomes offensive.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Many people don't like cologne/wear any.

Count me in that group. I don't want to smell like anything.

Me too. I use Dove body wash and Dove deodorant. It's "scent" is "Clean Comfort" which means nothing. I don't want to smell like anything. I don't want my car to smell like anything either.

I'll use pretty much any anti-perspirant/deodorant. I only wear my black Armani Code cologne if I'm going out with my wife. When I put it on I spray it in the air, let disperse for a second or 2, then walk through the "cloud" of cologne. Don't want to be overpowering and be able to smell it 20ft away, just a little goes a very very long way.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
I'll use pretty much any anti-perspirant/deodorant. I only wear my black Armani Code cologne if I'm going out with my wife. When I put it on I spray it in the air, let disperse for a second or 2, then walk through the "cloud" of cologne. Don't want to be overpowering and be able to smell it 20ft away, just a little goes a very very long way.

I was watching Qu eer Eye earlier this year and one of the guys said that the walk through method sucks.

Last edited:
My wife likes me to wear it, so I wear whatever she buys me.
I have 4 different ones (3 from my wife, 1 from my kids) that I use, and they smell OK, but again, no idea on what they are.

I am personally fine with the smell of Irish Spring bar soap.

I've been slowly working my way through a bottle of Stetson I got for my birthday 2 years ago. It's super strong, one dab of it and you can smell it through my undershirt and school uniform shirt.

Originally Posted by Bud_One
Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue
And
Photo by Lagerfeld

Photo has been my favorite for years. I'm almost out of my last bottle. I hate that they discontinued it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back