New! Amsoil Upper Cylinder Lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BigShug681
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Complete waste of money and mental thought.

Reasoning?

Isn't that like asking for wasted mental thought?
grin2.gif

Last edited:
This makes no sense, I thought if you used Amsoil you couldn't use a product like this...because under the valve covers is where the unicorns give birth to their young?

Originally Posted by Railrust
This makes no sense, I thought if you used Amsoil you couldn't use a product like this...because under the valve covers is where the unicorns give birth to their young?

Wrong, you mean crankcase, definitely not enough room for birthing under the valve covers

Originally Posted by Onetor
Protects Fuel Injectors!

By keeping them clean, right? Fuel injectors don't need lubrication or "protection" like that.

Originally Posted by BigShug681
Originally Posted by Railrust

Wrong, you mean crankcase, definitely not enough room for birthing under the valve covers

Lol, true.

As covered in another thread - UCL's have been in fuels for a long time. I think some go right to thinking oil (like MMO) instead of chemicals that enter the combustion chamber and ride the blow-by etc.
With engines having fuel dilution these days - the researchers who dabble with this kind of stuff have a conduit down the cylinder.

In the case of the Amsoil product - this would be a pretty expensive habit and hard to prove it's value.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Protects Fuel Injectors!

By keeping them clean, right? Fuel injectors don't need lubrication or "protection" like that.
Of course injectors and HP-pumps in GDIs needs lubrication. Thats one of tasks of gasoline. Thats near 150 compounds in TT fuels...

I think its knotty challenge for Amsoil to beat Redline SI (or "85plus" for diesel).

Last edited:
Yeah - thinking for the sake of marketing - friction modifiers are called lubricants

Wow. A "Knowman". Can you illuminate us with more, except sarcasm and cracker-barrel philosophy?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer
Originally Posted by kschachn
Protects Fuel Injectors!

Of course injectors and HP-pumps in GDIs needs lubrication. Thats one of tasks of gasoline. Thats near 150 compounds in TT fuels...

I think its knotty challenge for Amsoil to beat Redline SI (or "85plus" for diesel).

This is not recommended for diesels, I'm planning on getting a case and giving it a try I don't expect much but I'm open to trying the product

Originally Posted by Lowflyer

Oh okay I see. Everything is in the gasoline and I don't need this product for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back