When Was the Last Time You Asked to be Forgiven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Many little things could have been just a little different in the whole sequence of events and it would have never happened. It was the perfect storm of misunderstandings that unfolded in a horrible mistake.

Regardless of what happened, or who is to blame, that's a good way of putting it.

If a cop (or anyone with a gun and trained on self defense) somehow mistakenly came into your home, you certainly do have the right to get up and quickly approach them if that's how you feel like reacting. But if they think they are in their home then you're likely to get shot over it because they perceive it as an act of aggression. Any cop that is quickly approached is most likely going to shoot to protect himself - happens all the time, regardless if the person approaching is armed or not. That's how cops are trained to react.

This is the part I've never understood. And it seems to be happening more now than ever before. If you look at most police shootings, (including many of the high profile one's that get a lot of media attention), the biggest reason most of them happen, is because the suspect refuses to comply with the cops orders.

If you want to argue over who is right or wrong, then comply regardless, and do your arguing and fighting later with an attorney in a court of law. Why be so stupid to do it on the street, or in a building while you are having a gun pointed at you? All you're doing is placing yourself in a no win situation. Because chances are you're going to get shot, and probably killed. You very well may be, "dead right". But it's the dead part I have the most trouble with.

I get the fact that many people despise authority. And many of those who do, also dislike cops in general. And because of that they just refuse to obey. They think they're the one in a million. They end up becoming one of the million. I have never seen a single case where refusing to comply with police officer commands has EVER worked in the suspects favor. There are literally thousands of examples where it's ended badly for the suspect. Cemetery's and wheelchairs are full of such unnecessary examples.

It is not my duty as a citizen to comply with whatever some pig wants.

I have rights, and I have the right to not be harassed. That you think I should do whatever some cop wants just so I don't get shot is part of the problem.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
It is not my duty as a citizen to comply with whatever some pig wants.

I have rights, and I have the right to not be harassed. That you think I should do whatever some cop wants just so I don't get shot is part of the problem.

Go ahead.... And try not listening... And not following simple commands...

Because that is exactly what someone does who is either a) up to no good aka ready to do something very aggressive b) drunk or high on some substance c) or someone who has just done something rather illegal or really really illegal and is looking at major felony conviction...

You need to watch that Live PD show....

Then report back how people act.... When they have obviously fallen into one of the above categories.

And the police are trained that if someone does not listen to simple commands... There is something much more going on in that circumstance.

You don't have the "rights" to be belligerent and act like a moron. Which automatically cast you in a very bad light. Again... If you or me act a certain way... We are falling into exactly what the officers are trained to think as very suspicious behavior. And that is very understandable given how people act when they have actually done something not legal.

In a very strong majority of my interactions with police have gone very well... Why?? Because I am not belligerent or acting like a moron...

I have been stopped and not received any ticket for just being polite and cool with the police officer.

Are there stupid/"respect my authoriti" police officers ??

Absolutely... I have run into a couple of them too. And they are real idiots.... In fact just the other night I saw one at a local 7-11... I was just sitting in my car and a local [censored] cop was going into the store and he just stopped and glared at me... It candidly irritated me quite a bit... Anyhow I let moron Jr leave before I went in... I then asked a lady who worked there if that guy was a [censored]... She said, "ohh yeah he is". No surprise there... A World Champion...

However... I got to know a lot of my state and local county police when I worked at a local gym.... And the overwhelming majority of those guys were really good guys....

In my profession there are some real idiots in it too... And they are real morons to work around, with or deal with....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by billt460
... and got 10 years in prison for shooting and killing a guy who was sitting in his apartment on his couch, eating a bowl of ice cream.

FYI, he wasn't shot while sitting on the couch. Shot after getting up and becoming aggressive while approaching her and not obaying orders. It was a horrible misunderstanding with both involved. And the brother knew it, hence his ability to forgive her.

His home. Her crime.

One would expect an officer of the law would know at least where they, themselves lived.

What quality of evidence have they provided in all of the cases that they've prosecuted if they can't even find their own home ???

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
It is not my duty as a citizen to comply with whatever some pig wants. I have rights, and I have the right to not be harassed. That you think I should do whatever some cop wants just so I don't get shot is part of the problem.

I couldn't care less if you manage to get yourself shot or not. If you do it's your problem, not mine. I just don't want to see my tax dollars get wasted, rewarding one of your family members with millions of dollars of public money. Or else raise everyone's insurance rates, because you decided to act stupid, get yourself killed, and in the process make John Q. Public foot the bill for it.

And the fact you generalize by referring to all cops as "pigs", pretty much shows both your attitude, along with where you're coming from. People who talk and act like you are generally considered to be an easy write off, who don't garner much, if any sympathy when something like this happens to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back