Glass Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently I had to make my usual run to WM for cleaning products. I usually use INVISIBLE GLASS cleaner, which is sold in the auto section. I was in the house cleaning section and forgot to get my IG from automotive. I didn't feel like motoring back to the auto section so, I bought some SPRAYWAY glass cleaner. I am very impressed with the way it cleans. It's the best glass cleaner I have ever used! It reminds me of the glass cleaner that SAFELITE uses. Does anyone else use it?

SPRAYWAY.jpeg

Great cleaner...but I absolutely cannot stand the smell. Have two new ones that I am going to give away.

Yes I started buying it at least five years ago I found it at Walmart and was pleased to see it was made in Addison IL Now I see it at Advanced AP and they have more than glass cleaner. I used to buy GM glass cleaner at a discount when I worked for the dealer That is just as good IMHO

Originally Posted by walterjay
Great cleaner...but I absolutely cannot stand the smell. Have two new ones that I am going to give away.

Send them here! I like the smell!

How is it better than Windex? That's all I pretty much use for glass cleaner.

Before retiring kept a can of spryaway in the service van because it didn`t freeze solid in winter so it could be used for cleaning the hands. It cleans very well.

Using glass window cloth more important...does the trick all the time something like a 70 %/80%Polyester and 30%/20% Polyamide cloth its like a scrubbing window cloth. In fact just use water can scrub out film without any spray cleaner. For really tuff stuff a spray cleaner works even better with the cloth.

I've been using Sprayway for several years now. It is my preferred glass cleaner. Does a super job. And I like the smell.

Just be aware, if you live in an area with cold winters, store the Sprayway in the house during the winter. It doesn't spray very well when it gets close to freezing.

I bought couple of cases(Sprayway) years ago from costco still have some good stuff. From my experience with Sprayway alone vs with the window cloth it up a notch. Get the cloth makes it a lot easier takes the hard film out.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by Wolf359
How is it better than Windex? That's all I pretty much use for glass cleaner.

You have to try it. Windex does not even compare.

I WAS a long time Windex user as well, love this stuff!

I will get some today {if} it's half as superior as y'all say.

Gotta love products which work well, have been improved, might contain some "new" chemistry or otherwise deliver better value.

Heaven forbid we actually get to reap the benefits of marketplace competition.

YES!! I use Sprayway because it is stone cold safe for plexi and poly carb type "glass" and lens. I actually was turned on to it years ago when had an old school rear projection crt big screen tv. It was the product recommended by a service tech guy for cleaning the three CRT lenses in the unit that have a type of coating on them similar to UV coating on eyeglasses. i.e. Sprayway wouldn't damage the coating plus the foaming action meant wouldn't drain down into the lens cans where you couldn't get to it, as long as you wiped it before the foam went liquid which there was plenty of time before that occurred.

I also use it for the motorcycle wind screen since it's plexi or ply. and the headlight and tail light lenses of the bike plus the two vehicles.

When I detailed cars for a living I bought it by the case from Sam's. Use it one time and you'll throw rocks at all the rest. Smell? I never noticed any at all. Guess my sniffer is on the fritz.

Any Nasty chemicals in there? There is one nasty chemical ( Idon't recall the name) that really makes me choke.

I'm in the blend your own camp of window cleaner

alcohol, tbsp of ammonia, a drop of detergent then distilled water per gallon

Playing with the alcohol to water ratio will give you what you want depending on temperature.

More alcohol for faster evap rate, more water for slower

( like Summer high heat inside windscreen cleaning)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Any Nasty chemicals in there? There is one nasty chemical ( Idon't recall the name) that really makes me choke.

I'm in the blend your own camp of window cleaner

alcohol, tbsp of ammonia, a drop of detergent then distilled water per gallon

Playing with the alcohol to water ratio will give you what you want depending on temperature.

More alcohol for faster evap rate, more water for slower

( like Summer high heat inside windscreen cleaning)

Similar plan to what I do, but avoid the ammonia (and detergent) due to being around tinted windows. I still won't use it directly on them, I use a concentrate from Meguiars on the tint. I also use a waffle weave style cloth in combination and it works very well. Also very cost effective as you're usually using less than an oz of Denatured Alcohol per spray bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back