Bugatti Veyron oil change - $21,000, 27 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Bugatti gets shop time of $777.77 per hour for oil changes.
shocked2.gif

I would think that if you can afford the Bugatti you can afford the oil change.

You gotta pay if you wanna play.... so I chose to play off-road at low speeds. $17 Harvest King synthetic and EcoGuard filter changes wouldn't even pay to have the porter pull the Bugatti into the shop! LMAO

OTOH, I've never seen a Bugatti with over 200k miles of enjoyment either
smile.gif

They can have it..idiots.

For the price of 3 Bugatti oil changes, you can get an entire car that will go 0-60mph in the same time and have more fun daily driving it....C8 Corvette.

The buyers of this car belong to a better class than us and the more it costs, the better it is for bragging rights. Remember that these guys compete on who has the largest yacht, the most expensive collection of houses, etc. New money will brag about it at every opportunity, old money will make competition go green with envy.

the tires are worse.
special bead design, requiring specialized equipment to change. the first few years, that equipment was only available @ the Bugatti factory.
meaning to change the tires, you had to send the wheels back to France.
The Tires are about $42k/set, and have to be changed every 2500mi(4000km) / 15 min @ top speed / 5 years.

oh, and the wheels have to be replaced every other tire change..(the wheels are about $69k a set)

now there's a shop somewhere here in the states that has the right equipment, so you just have to send them there, instead of back across the pond to France.

Last edited:
I posted something similar a while back when it was time for my first oil change. I found WM sells Castrol Edge 10w60 is FF, had to buy 17 quarts.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
You gotta pay if you wanna play....

Bingo. Might as well complain about NASCAR engines not lasting more than what, 500 miles? before needing a rebuild. Or F1, or Top Fuel dragsters, or whatever.

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
You gotta pay if you wanna play....

Bingo. Might as well complain about NASCAR engines not lasting more than what, 500 miles? before needing a rebuild. Or F1, or Top Fuel dragsters, or whatever.

They are not paying for it. The other 99% are the ones paying for it.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
The buyers of this car belong to a better class than us and the more it costs, the better it is for bragging rights. Remember that these guys compete on who has the largest yacht, the most expensive collection of houses, etc. New money will brag about it at every opportunity, old money will make competition go green with envy.

Sometimes short lived "better class" athletes and stars that fade away while Buffett pulled up to McD in his old Cadillac

Who are the clowns in the video? They are just randomly removing parts, getting it wrong, lowering the car to try something else, and generally incompetent. A vehicle like that requires a step-by-step procedure that you follow to the letter. Watching the first 5 minutes of that was horrific.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen

For the price of 3 Bugatti oil changes, you can get an entire car that will go 0-60mph in the same time and have more fun daily driving it....C8 Corvette.

For the price of 1 Bugatti oil change you can get an entire car that will outlast 3 Bugattis ... Toyota Corolla.

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by Smokescreen

For the price of 1 Bugatti oil change you can get an entire car that will outlast 3 Bugattis ... Toyota Corolla.

Yeah but the Corolla is a dull, lifeless appliance.

Last edited:
All automobiles are dull, lifeless appliances. Inanimate objects. Minivans especially.

Originally Posted by wdn
All automobiles are dull, lifeless appliances. Inanimate objects. Minivans especially.

My wifes Nissan Quest is more fun to drive than a Corolla! ...Š

If it's a life of adventure you're after, try to keep a Fiat 500 running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back