Turtle Wax Seal & Shine Spray

Originally Posted by wdn
Thanks but I am sticking with my Jescar Power Lock. Glad you guys are satisfied with the seven dollar Turtle Wax.

Glad you're satisfied with the thirty-one dollar Jescar Power Lock. For the price you should be.

The price point appealed to me. Without actually trying it I looked at comparison videos. The things to look at on a good video is the reflective index, slickness, water repellent, ease of applicant, price and durability. Me, I favor water repellant and durability. There is a lot of products out there and appreciate seeing them tested on video. Not sure I can get any good info from individuals. Like talking religion..

I don't know why people get all up in arms about this crap. So some people like TW. I'll probably try it when I have room for it. I really don't think it'll be better than Mother's CMX, which has replaced Meguiar's HCW as my favorite.

I don't expect it to be the miracle of the internet as some describe it to be; talking about "chemical resistance" based off of one video by Pan is hilarious. How many puddles of degreaser do you encounter on your daily drive?

I do think the fighting back and forth over this and the other stuff in the orange bottle is stupid. People follow trends. People have their own favorites. The constant bickering is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by wdn
Thanks but I am sticking with my Jescar Power Lock. Glad you guys are satisfied with the seven dollar Turtle Wax.

Glad you're satisfied with the thirty-one dollar Jescar Power Lock. For the price you should be.

You will go through several bottles of the Turtle Wax stuff before he uses all that Power Lock. They are totally different products and applications.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I don't know why people get all up in arms about this crap. So some people like TW. I'll probably try it when I have room for it. I really don't think it'll be better than Mother's CMX, which has replaced Meguiar's HCW as my favorite.

I don't expect it to be the miracle of the internet as some describe it to be; talking about "chemical resistance" based off of one video by Pan is hilarious. How many puddles of degreaser do you encounter on your daily drive?

I do think the fighting back and forth over this and the other stuff in the orange bottle is stupid. People follow trends. People have their own favorites. The constant bickering is ridiculous.

LOL it is. Use whatever works for you.

Turtle wax ice spray wax is the goat of spray waxes. I go through about 3 bottles per year on my cars.

Originally Posted by wdn

I too was a believer in JPL. But it doesnt bead/sheet water as well as the TW SNS. Try it for yourself and become a believer. The car washes dries off much easier too. And the beading is very uniformed.

Now thinking of holding tent revivals hosted by : "Reverend Bead" traveling from town to town to preach the gospel of TW S&S ... Amen !

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Now thinking of holding tent revivals hosted by : "Reverend Bead" traveling from town to town to preach the gospel of TW S&S ... Amen !

I swear to you not I thought the post above yours in the quoted part said "Jesus Power Lock"

lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by wdn

You will go through several bottles of the Turtle Wax stuff before he uses all that Power Lock. They are totally different products and applications.

thumbsup2.gif

The JPL + 845 gets good reviews as a good combination to use. Even as a stand along sealant the JPL is good. I'd love to see a durability test of it. I read a couple of reviews from those that used JPL and several only got 2 months out of it. Of course it depends on the conditions the vehicle was subjected to, but 2 months is not much. I'd hope for at least 6 months with a produce like JPL.

I wash my cars periodically (2x a month) so I don't mind touching up with a less expensive product found retail. Keeping up with routine detailing to me is far more important than the product used. Most don't live up to the hype.

Originally Posted by buster
The JPL + 845 gets good reviews as a good combination to use. Even as a stand along sealant the JPL is good. I'd love to see a durability test of it. I read a couple of reviews from those that used JPL and several only got 2 months out of it. Of course it depends on the conditions the vehicle was subjected to, but 2 months is not much. I'd hope for at least 6 months with a produce like JPL.

I wash my cars periodically (2x a month) so I don't mind touching up with a less expensive product found retail. Keeping up with routine detailing to me is far more important than the product used. Most don't live up to the hype.

It depends on the application as well. Poor application will usually mean less durability and time effective.

It also depends on the region you live in. Right now the rains are here in my region so a wash is only good until the next rain. A good sealant will keep a lot of the dirt and spatter off but it still builds up quickly.

Do most apply a wax on top of sealant or the other way around? I know some don't play well together.

Anytime.

I should add, there are two trains of thought on doing that. One is that the wax provides a sacrificial protecting coat thus making the sealant coat last longer. The other is that a typical sealant might provide shine and protection but some users want the depth that a carnauba Wax gives. Applying a wax over a sealant gives the best of both. This will depend on the state of the current paint job on the car plus how it was applied etc. Someone with a high end vehicle may want the depth. For a daily driver especially one in white or silver, it doesn't really matter.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by ChrisD46

I swear to you not I thought the post above yours in the quoted part said "Jesus Power Lock"

lol.gif

*Let's not confuse "Jesus Power Lock" with "Reverend Bead" (HaHa !!)

Originally Posted by PimTac
Anytime.

I should add, there are two trains of thought on doing that. One is that the wax provides a sacrificial protecting coat thus making the sealant coat last longer. The other is that a typical sealant might provide shine and protection but some users want the depth that a carnauba Wax gives. Applying a wax over a sealant gives the best of both. This will depend on the state of the current paint job on the car plus how it was applied etc. Someone with a high end vehicle may want the depth. For a daily driver especially one in white or silver, it doesn't really matter.

cheers3.gif

TW told me that they prefer their TWSNS to be the last step in the process, which goes against what I would have thought. A sealant I would think and as you said above, should be applied first to well prepped paint. Then you can follow up with a wax. Now the TW does have wax in their sealant so I don't know if that's why or not.

I'll likely do one more detail on both cars before winter and I'd like to add a layer of wax on top of the TW.

Back