What is your favorite high mileage oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Floyd1
Has anyone had success with Supertech full synthetic HM? As far as helping leaks

I can't remember any reports of that oil on here. Valvoline Maxlife syn-blend 5w30 would by my first choice. Followed by either Pennzoil HM or Mobil 1 HM as a second option.

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
HDEO

+1

+2
No use for it on engines that aren't leaking/burning oil.

Has anyone had success with Supertech full synthetic HM? As far as helping leaks

SuperTech 0w20 HiMi FS..not too shabby. Of course a VOA doesn't show SCA's (lvls) but I'd be surprised if they're not in there, as is customary for HiMi formulas.

http://pqiadata.org/SuperTech_HM_SYN_0W20.html

Last edited:
I go with Mobil 1 mainly because it goes on sale regularly here at Canadian tire. Since they all run the same in my engines my only way to pick a favorite is based on cost and reputation on here based on oil analysis and other information that other people have gathered.

Mobil 1 gets lots of love around here and the price is right when on sale. If money didn't matter I'd be using amsoil or redline.

My fav is Black Bottle EDGE.
It has the same low phosphorus technology
that Green Bottle GTX has,
but with Titanium too.
Don't poison cats.
This price is now down towards PP/M1 price too.

I have used Maxlife and Mobil 1 HM oils interchangeably and been happy with both. I currently run Mobil 1 because the Wal Mart roll back prices make it only about $22 a jug.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

SuperTech 0w20 HiMi FS..not too shabby. Of course a VOA doesn't show SCA's (lvls) but I'd be surprised if they're not in there, as is customary for HiMi formulas.

http://pqiadata.org/SuperTech_HM_SYN_0W20.html

That ST formulation looks good.

I have always had good luck with Valvolines Maxlife (red bottle) completely stopped oil leak on my Civic. I run 5500 mile oci.

Quaker State Syn Blend High Mileage 5W30 for the Subaru for under 14 bucks. Helped with consumption after 3rd oil change at 4000 mile intervals. Was using a half quart before with 5W30 conventional Quaker State -- now uses no oil in between oil changes.

Mobil 1 and Valvoline. My brother's Solara developed a rear main seal leak around 200k and switched over to M1 HM 10w30. Leak stopped and the car ran another 100k miles.

Tried most of them in my 05 Honda that burned a little and red bottle maxlife 5w30 consumed the least (almost none). Trying Pennzoil 5w30 now in it and the tundra, will see how it does, but so far in 2k I had to add 1/4qt to the Accord

Historically, my favorite high-mileage oil has been Valvoline Max-Life. However, from what I've read I would have no issues using any of the big name brands' HM oils. Pennzoil, QS, Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil, Havoline.. all make some excellent HM oils, at least on paper, and I'd use any of them with great confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back