Tires on Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until now, I never kept on eye on tires for Black Friday. I wonder if it makes sense to wait till Black Friday for the tires. I am primarily focusing on TireRack. I do not have Discount Tire near me but can order online, if they have good Black Friday deals.

I would like to change the tires but I am not in a rush. If there is no deal, can easily make it through the winter.

Dude, black Friday [censored] already? It just turned October.

Since you can wait, wait until the Memorial Day sales.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Dude, black Friday [censored] already? It just turned October.

Since you can wait, wait until the Memorial Day sales.

Huuuh?^^^

TireRack doesn't participate in seasonal specials that I am aware of.

DiscountTireDirect does but their Black Friday specials over the past few years haven't been that great, IIRC

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Buy tires when you need them and don't buy or replace them ahead of time.

Can't you save money that way? I've done that, stored for a few months, couple seasons tops, then installed. DTD used to have some great sales; I would buy on sale, mount myself, pay the local shop $10 to balance. I don't think the last year or two that has been worthwhile though.

I've had my best luck buying tires online from ebay, amazon, or walmart. Off-season or retiring models sometimes have crazy sales.

Black Friday is at the start of winter for many, and a time when tires would sell regardless.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth waiting.

The tires on the Sonata were nearing end of life and I was going to go to Discount Tire for the Labor Day special. Work got in the way and I never made it., but when I went in a week later for a rotation, I wound up getting an even better deal on the tires than I could have had I made it there over Labor Day. And I already received my $70 rebate card on top of it.

Originally Posted by eljefino
I've had my best luck buying tires online from ebay, amazon,

I struggle with buying tires online. After you add the cost of having them mounted and balanced by a local shop, you often end up paying about the same as what you'd pay if you just bought them locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back