I've Narrowed it Down to 4 Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced a set of Pirelli P6s with Cooper CS5 Grand Touring on my Mitsubishi Outlander. Great tire. If you want something a bit stickier the CS5 Ultra Touring will work. My second choice would be the Generals.

Yokohama or General. I like the tread look on the Yokohama better.

I have friends that work in Goodyear and I got ripped at a Firestone Repair Shop so both of them are scratched off my list. LOL

Originally Posted by earlyre
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Out of those 4, and considering it is the unofficial official default tire of BITOG, I would go with the General.

01.gif
+1000%

but Personally, I'd still go with Coopers.
My apologies to the site owners for borrowing your graphics, ditto to General tire. also to any graphics designers who may cringe at my creation... all i have to work with is MSpaint..

Defualt? Great graphic BTW.

I went from rt43 to crosscontact lx25 on similar vehicles. Lx25 was better all around, but the rt43 was also excellent.

I had the tripletreds before and they were a decent tire. If you go with the Goodyears, go to their website and sign up for their emails, they tend to offer anywhere from $100-$250 off tires. Typically the $200 is $100 back plus another $100 if you use their credit card. I got one years ago just for rebates like that and end up using it once every couple of years.

I just got the General Altimax RT43's for the 300, so far I am very pleased with them. They're quiet and they handled all the rain we got last week with no issues. TireRack ranked them on par with the Continentals I was looking at until Ws6 suggested them to me.

Originally Posted by Trav

Defualt? Great graphic BTW.

33.gif
GOD...BLESS...AMERICA!* how did i not see that?

so my typing can get a little dyslexic....

...stupid MS Paint not including spellcheck....
...grumble grumble...

*that's what i've trained myself to say in places my father would have said another exclamatory phrase that starts with a "G"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RayCJ

Buy one of each and see which one you like the most???
lol.gif

My thoughts exactly.
LF... Firestone WeatherGrip
LR...General Altimax RT43
RF...Yokohama Avid Ascend GT
RR...Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady

Be a Rebel.

Confuse the tire guy next rotation.......
banana2.gif

I can't speak about the others on your list, but I had a set of the General Altimax RT43 on my '03 Alero before I sold it, and was quite happy with them.

Considering the price, I wasn't expecting a lot, but had read several good reviews for them. I ended up being very happy with them, and was pleasantly surprised on how good a tire they were. In my opinion, they a good tire, and even a better tire when you consider how reasonably priced they are.

Originally Posted by Passport1
Replaced a set of Pirelli P6s with Cooper CS5 Grand Touring on my Mitsubishi Outlander. Great tire. If you want something a bit stickier the CS5 Ultra Touring will work. My second choice would be the Generals.

I replaced the P6's on my Sable a couple years back with the (at the time) New CS5 Ultra Touring.. loved 'em enough, that i put a set on my Cmax shortly after buying it. (the tires it came with while they looked good, were the 6 yr old originals, and at least one was cupped, leading to a constant "whump whump whump" while driving)

Originally Posted by oldhp

lol.gif

My thoughts exactly.

Be a Rebel.

banana2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

+1 for General RT43. My wife and I have them on both of our cars. They handle well in rain and snow. Very good treadwear. For the price, it is hard to beat.

2010 Honda Civic
2008 Acura TL

Originally Posted by oldhp

lol.gif

My thoughts exactly.

Be a Rebel.

banana2.gif

As long as they are matched perfect and staggered special.

I worked on my buddy's truck once. He had the following tires on it...

185/70-14
175/75-14
195/65-14
205/60-14

Maybe not exactly correct, but it WAS 4 different sizes, the 4 closest you could get.

1985 Mazda whatever

I had a set of General Altimax RT43s and really liked them. They performed better in wet and snow conditions than the Michelin Harmonys they replaced.
Side note, I purchased a set of Michelin CrossClimate+ for the Hybrid last night, and I really like them so far.

The only ones I have personal experience with would be the RT-43. They were excellent on the wife's RAV4 and a relative has them on her CR-V also. Excellent snow traction. I didn't have them long enough to attest to how they wear due to the RAV being totaled in an accident this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back