The OCD in us all and euro parts prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying this WILL happen to your parts but that it may happen. The IMF ruled on a 15yr old case between the US and EU over Airbus subsidies. As a result of the IMF ruling in favor of the US on Oct 18 import tariffs of 25% will be applied on some goods coming from the EU.

I'm not certain if car parts will be subjected to the tariff, but if you're looking at buying some you may want to move on that sooner rather than later in case the parts are subjected to a price increase. For example I just bought an ATF change kit for my ZF8HP.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
I think it will affect the car parts.

WTO had found that Boeing got illegal subsidies, too, so let's expect either negotiations or a retaliation. It's a cluster and all these tariffs promise a very bad economic situation soon.

Great, people already complain about pricing, cant wait when they go up! I spend 6-8k a month at the shop too. I was thinking about he steering wheel recovering from a guy in the Czech Republic, do you think the private transactions like that will be taxed too?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Audios
I was thinking about he steering wheel recovering from a guy in the Czech Republic, do you think the private transactions like that will be taxed too?

Short answer is probably no, long answer would be try to look at the duty schedule if a duty has to be paid - I doubt it. Are you planning to ship the wheel over to him or flying to Europe to make a vacation out of it? If it's the latter, it might be a good idea to see if there's a duty to be paid to Customs and truthfully declare the value. More so if you're part of a trusted traveler program like Global Entry which is easy to lose if you try to game CBP or TSA.

Originally Posted by StarCaller
I spend 6-8k a month at the shop too.

72.000 to 96.000 a year for the cars in your signature?

I own a shop, thats roughly in parts to my supplier for a month. European though, so theres alot of $500+ wholesale invoices. One fan assembly was 475 alone today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back