Do you use gas brand exclusively ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually buy Arco. It's usually the cheapest in the valley whether it's sold at a AM/PM or Rebel station. If I come across a U.S. Gas, I'll fill up there, but they are few and far between. Top tier? Who cares, lol.

Originally Posted by jakewells
Marathon for me i won't buy any other.

What's special about Marathon Gas ?????
Is it the STP additive ???

Originally Posted by kstanf150

The fuel i buy is treated with PRI-G
They carry ethanol free 87 and 90 and i won't buy anything else meanwhile shell across the road has crap gas that i have tested and it contains close to 20% ethanol.
Plus this locally owned station is full service they carry road diesel, high sulfur off road diesel, home heating oil, and K1 kerosene. it also features a full service garage that does farm and automotive repair along with tire sales and car/truck alignments. The owner is one of the locals and is my best friend.

They carry ethanol free 87 and 90 and i won't buy anything else meanwhile shell across the road has crap gas that i have tested and it contains close to 20% ethanol.
Plus this locally owned station is full service they carry road diesel, high sulfur off road diesel, home heating oil, and K1 kerosene. it also features a full service garage that does farm and automotive repair along with tire sales and car/truck alignments. The owner is one of the locals and is my best friend.

Don't want to come across as stupid but I've never heard of PRI-G
Please explain

Don't want to come across as stupid but I've never heard of PRI-G
Please explain

If you googled it... it is a fuel stabilizer

Arco.

Usually the cheapest in SoCal and Top Tier (haven't compared prices to Costco), but the stations usually have cars lined up.

Last edited:
Just looked it up and it's something I've never heard of or seen before, but looks like a super powerful additive according to the marketing by power research. I'll have to try it someday.
With all the talk about fuel system products on the site
I don't recall any discussion about this one🤔

Last edited:
PRI-G
Stabilizes fuel.
Removes moisture.
Increases octane and combustion efficiency.
Keeps fuel fresh with annual treatments
Contains no alcohol.
Mix ratio 1:2000
1 pint treats 256 gallons
5 gallons treat 10,240 gallons.

I use Shell mostly since they are just 2 miles down the road from my house. I'm not afraid of E10. Non-ethanol is $0.80-$1.00/gal more than E10 around here.

I use shell exclusively. Chevron if a shell Is unavailable.

This tread to me is very interesting. The same guys that go bonkers over cutting open filters, and sending oil in for lab analysis - do not care what fuel they use?

Seems a little ironic to me lol

Originally Posted by J_mo
I use shell exclusively. Chevron if a shell Is unavailable.

This tread to me is very interesting. The same guys that go bonkers over cutting open filters, and sending oil in for lab analysis - do not care what fuel they use?

Seems a little ironic to me lol

Because anyone who understand fuel distribution understands that it's a fungible commodity. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where there are 5 major oil refineries, and all make fuel to the same industry standards. That fuel is transported via pipeline and pretty much traded. It's more like bank/ATM transactions than anything else. Shell deposits fuel into the system, and their customers withdraw fuel from fuel depots. The pipeline operators are only required to "transport" X amount of fuel and to allow their customers' customers to withdraw that amount of comparable fuel at points A, B, and C.

If one is buying fuel in Southern California, there hasn't been a Shell refinery there in years. Shell does have a large distribution facility. It's effectively just a horse trading facility where they distribute fuel made by someone else.

The thing that brands fuel is that it will use detergent additives developed or specified by the marketer.

I like Costco gas but it's not too close to where I am and so I go there when I'm in the area.

Otherwise, I fill up anywhere that will take my Pay With GasBuddy Wex card, and since I drive A LOT and both my vehicles aren't exactly great on gas (I average about 12MPG in the Suburban and about 19MPG in the Escape) I do try to find the cheapest price possible. I do refuse to go to the Gas and Shop in San Anselmo because it's been caught with card skimmers inside the pumps about half a dozen times! Otherwise, as long as it accepts Wex, I'll go to any gas station.

Although I use Chevron more than others I've learned 76 is good, followed by Shell, Mobil, and I've had good results with Sinclair and Costco the 4 to 5 times I've used it. For some reason QT around here not as good results F.E. wise and butt Dyno.

ARCO in Phoenix was terrible the 2 times I bought gas there I've had better results regarding F.E. with both Safeway and Fry's gas. But ARCO in California was pretty good in my Silverado.

Chevron and to a lesser extent, Costco for the Hyundai.

Probably the same will take place for the VW. Although quite a few Mobil and Exxon stations have been popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back