Most efficient oil filter for Valvoline Premium Blue Restore Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be running Valvoline Premium Blue Restore for one oil change interval in the vehicles listed in my signature.

What is the most efficient oil filter available for my applications? Price is not a concern. The service interval will not exceed 10K miles.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about running a high efficiency filter during a cleanup. Will clog fast possibly impacting flow. Maybe the oil change right after would be a better idea.

Leaky, if that was the case, why would Cummins have a specially made combo bypass filter as their only recommended filter when using this oil on the ISX engine it's intended for? Once you break all that soot/varnish/agglomerates free, you don't want them recirculating through the oil passages where they can wreak more havoc than their original locations...

No idea about that. I was commenting on the Honda and the Prius in Critics sig. I think an avg filter will perform just fine. Will catch anything large enough to cause a problem, become more efficient as it loads up. Without impacting the flow, which IMO is more important than efficiency.

Edit: A quick google seems to confirm my opinion. See the third bullet point. While they boast about the efficiency of the recommended oil filter, they also recommend this filter to prevent premature oil filter plugging. So they are concerned about it. Transfer this to an auto, maybe a regular filter is a better choice.

https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/valvoline-877377/premium-blue-restore-10w30-gallon-p-vvl-877377

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
It comes in an gold can with that black grippy rubber-like stuff on the dome end.

Sounds like a Fram Ultra.
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
No idea about that. I was commenting on the Honda and the Prius in Critics sig. I think an avg filter will perform just fine. Will catch anything large enough to cause a problem, become more efficient as it loads up. Without impacting the flow, which IMO is more important than efficiency.

Edit: A quick google seems to confirm my opinion. See the third bullet point. While they boast about the efficiency of the recommended oil filter, they also recommend this filter to prevent premature oil filter plugging. So they are concerned about it. Transfer this to an auto, maybe a regular filter is a better choice.

https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/valvoline-877377/premium-blue-restore-10w30-gallon-p-vvl-877377

Yep. Any cummins dealer should have it in stock.

Personally I would change oil filters every 2-3k during that 10k OCI. If a lot of things get cleaned you do not want a super fine filter, you want surface area, and frequent change to make available that surface area.

Someone said oversize Fram Ultra.

Last edited:
2011 Prius

Wix 57064XP
Or
Fram XG10358

Look at Rock Auto...
Bottom of page...
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2011,prius,1.8l+l4+electric/gas,1447548,engine,oil+filter,5340

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
It comes in an gold can with that black grippy rubber-like stuff on the dome end.

What is it again? LOL

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
What is it again? LOL

It's really close to the 1960's Hurst Gold, almost metalflake, and has some stuff on the dome end resembling aircraft carrier flight deck surfacing, but in black. Simple!
lol.gif

I dont think youll need to worry about that much junk getting loose, if youre a member of this forum I can guarantee the valvetrain is spotless.

All this talk about changing the filters a few times. Everyone makes it sound like his vehicles are sludge monsters. If he is on BITOG more than likely the inside of the engines are spotless. Maybe doing this might clean up around the ring lands better than just regular oil but that is about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back