2017 Ford Escape SE bought with 21,458 miles

I bought a 2017 Ford Escape SE. 2.5 that was a leased vehicle turned in with 21,458. Great deal for sure. Now have 26,790 as I drove to San Diego and home Northeast Ohio. She requires 5w20. I use full synthetic. I went to VOIC and I use Motorcraft filter. I have low mileage. Dude put in Valvoline 5w20 Maxlife full synthetic motor oil high mileage? I was confused because I have low mileage. But the deed was done. I went on. This was Sunday. WILL THIS OIL HURT MY VEHICLE BEING ITS FOR HIGH MILEAGE VEHICLES AND I HAVE LOW MILEAGE??? I am concerned!!!

Totally fine, no worries. Valvoline specifically states you can use their HM oil even in new cars. I can't speak for the other brands, but I know with Valvoline you can.

He did you a favor because that oil probably costs a little more than the non-HM version.

The Valvoline Syn high mile oil is probably Valvoline's top oil. I use it in my 2015 Ford F150.

many manufacturers RECOMMEND thinner oils BUT a xxW30 will likely protect it better + last longer if you keep it a long time + with todays direct injection that can thin oils a 30 is a better option IMO!!

The 2.5 is a very good and durable engine …..the 5.7 quart sump makes it easy on oil....you'll be fine with
any 5w20 (or 0w20) that meets SN.....Since it doesn't have DI or a turbo....you don't even have to worry about D1G2...

Originally Posted by pbm
The 2.5 is a very good and durable engine …..the 5.7 quart sump makes it easy on oil....you'll be fine with
any 5w20 (or 0w20) that meets SN.....Since it doesn't have DI or a turbo....you don't even have to worry about D1G2...

Alot of the guys at my work have these as company cars.They get changes done at every kind of iffy lube known and I've never heard of a failure . You've got a good vehicle there.

I bought a 2017 Ford Escape SE. 2.5 that was a leased vehicle turned in with 21,458. Great deal for sure. Now have 26,790 as I drove to San Diego and home Northeast Ohio. She requires 5w20. I use full synthetic. I went to VOIC and I use Motorcraft filter. I have low mileage. Dude put in Valvoline 5w20 Maxlife full synthetic motor oil high mileage? I was confused because I have low mileage. But the deed was done. I went on. This was Sunday. WILL THIS OIL HURT MY VEHICLE BEING ITS FOR HIGH MILEAGE VEHICLES AND I HAVE LOW MILEAGE??? I am concerned!!!
Don't even worry about it. But I would stay on full syn. Have a 05 Focus I bought new and used full syn from the 1st oil change with a qt of Marvel Mystery Oil.I now have 255,000 on it and it does not use oil plus I still get27 to29 on the Hwy.

Don't even worry about it. But I would stay on full syn. Have a 05 Focus I bought new and used full syn from the 1st oil change with a qt of Marvel Mystery Oil.I now have 255,000 on it and it does not use oil plus I still get27 to29 on the Hwy.
So you have two posts on here, one asking for advice on full syn or not, and the other recommending full syn?

I am running Valvoline Advance Maxlife 5w20 in my Caravan. Smooth and responsive no problems and I have less mileage than you.

Back