Charlotte Motor Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caution extended due to an axle being on course between turns 7 and 8, appears to be car 52. Also dumped a ton of gear oil offline.

Last edited:
Unofficial top 10:

1. Awesome Chase Elliott
2. Alex Bowman the Showman
3. Kevin Happy Harvick
4. Clint "The Party" Bowyer
5. Brad Keselowski
6. William Byron
7. Martin Truex Jr, at his home track
8. Ryan Blaney
9. Jimmie 7 time Johnson
10. Joey Logano

Originally Posted by Warstud
It's Harvick or Truex's Race now

Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

This was a painful race to watch
One of the worst tracks on the circuit for sure
Caution after caution and nascar select for sure

Last edited:
I watched some parts of it and it was as much fun as watching a Demolition Derby at the County Fair.
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150

I hear ya...but on the other hand.....the races without any accidents is boring to me.

Originally Posted by Warstud

I hear ya...but on the other hand.....the races without any accidents is boring to me.

This track is ridiculous
Nothing about it is good for NASCAR and it's future which by the way is suspect at best
Long gone are the days of real racing

I enjoyed this race personally, but I am a big fan of stock cars on road courses. I really want to try and go to this race next year. I already bought my tickets for the race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. I am really excited at the possibility of an IndyCar/NASCAR joint double header at the Roval which is the rumor for 2021. There are some of the condos for sale over turn 1, and I am strongly considering going forward with buying one so I can have one of the best views for any race at CMS.

Originally Posted by BigD1
This track is ridiculous

I am going with what Kyle Busch said about the Roval.

"When asked Friday which configuration he preferred, Busch was quick and to the point."

"The oval," he said. "The Roval is stupid."

Source: https://autoweek.com/article/monster-energy-nascar-cup/nascars-kyle-busch-charlotte-roval-stupid

It's a first !!!
I agree with Kyle ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Watkins Glen and Sonoma are fun to watch
But the Roval is stupid
But of course the morning drive on XM this morning was just giggly about how great it was and what a fantastic job they did designing it
Apparently they drank the cool aid as well

Last edited:
What element about it is stupid? The fact that guys can't brake and overshoot the chicane, that they overcook it and spin or run off in any number of places? Happens at all the road courses, some of the best racing as well. Ovals are too well regulated with cookie cutter cars. Put a back of the pack driver in a top-tier car and put the top-tier driver in a back of the pack car, they will swap ends of the field.

Every race where are aerodynamics make a difference, as soon as a front pack driver gets a dent on a fender or a quarter panel, his car goes to heck. It's not about the guy behind the wheel it's about the car that's under him.

Short tracks, night races and road courses. Sunday afternoon competes with every other major sport in America from February through November. NASCAR lost when Gordon and Earnhardt Jr retired, Jimmy Johnson never won a championship the old-fashioned way, and the rest of the guys are about as cookie-cutter as they come or whiny babies that seem to grab the media attention.

Perfectly stated Bonz.
I love it when the drivers are "uncomfortable" with a track.
They all seemed to be at the Roval. I loved watching this race!

Originally Posted by A_Harman
I also loved the Roval. I hope NASCAR puts Rovals in at the other 1.5-mile cookie cutter tracks.

I personally think that outside the "plate tracks" and short tracks, any second race at a venue should be on a road course. I am fine with next year Pocono having a double header weekend with a Cup race Saturday and Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back