Framework added for power winch (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished this job this morning for a customer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks good... I'd think about adding some 45° angled stabilizers towards the front....a heavy pull will maybe ruin all your good work!

Not needed. The heavy angle iron I used has a built in gusset. The base piece is also a heavy angle welded to the trailer tongue which can be seen in pic 1.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Nice work, tig. I agree, that angle is pretty stout, and you'd likely break the housing of the winch before you damaged your mount from excessive force.
thumbsup2.gif

For sure.

Originally Posted by tig1
Not needed. The heavy angle iron I used has a built in gusset. The base piece is also a heavy angle welded to the trailer tongue which can be seen in pic 1.

You do great work sir. Thank You for pics and post:)

Got any pics of your work on some stainless, tigger? I just love the "stack of dimes" look on a nice polished background.Welded stainless and/or titanium is definitely one place you get to see the reason why you paid a good welder to do the work vs. some clown.

As a general observation, some people just don't know that a weld that is properly fused to and through the joined metals is significantly stronger than the base metal itself, and that the base metal will almost always fail before the weld does.

Originally Posted by tig1

Ah, right on then, thanks for the education! Your knowledge of metals is obviously superior to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back