Gumout Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between these 3 cleaners? I would like to use the one with the highest percentage of PEA. Which one would you use?

1. Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner
2. Gumout Regane High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner
3. Gumout All In One Fuel System Cleaner with Ethanol Treatment

Sorry for the crappy picture, I didn't look at the picture until now.

Gumout.jpg

Get a product that really works, I've read an article where it was stated that the only one that worked was one by LiquiMoly, but can't remember the name and Don't have any shares in that company nor do I work for it.
smile.gif

Last edited:
These are all good products that contain PEA. The All-in-one is a larger bottle that can treat 35 gal, the others I think treat up to 21gal.
I split the larger bottle between 2 treatments, seems like the best/most cost effective one to me.

They each contain between 10 and 30% PEA by volume. Which represents the better value depends on the price per oz. I personally like the Multi System product and the Regane HiMi as they both contain a lubricant/friction modifier for the upper cylinder in addition to the PEA (amongst other stuff)

https://gumout.com/tech-docs/

I've used the Regane HiMi before but like usual I didn't notice much difference in performance. Next time i'll try chevron and see if i'll notice anything different.

There's another one with PEA. Gumout Multi system tuenup. Comes in a seafoam looking can. Maybe because the ingredients are part seafoam, part techron. Pretty cool. But IMO the new winner is Lucas. Yup, Lucas has one with PEA now. And discloses the % PEA in the SDS. Its been great. Its the only one that was able to quiet my 6.0 v8 noisy injectors.

https://lucasoil.com/pdf/SDS_Deep-Clean-Fuel-System-Cleaner.pdf

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
They each contain between 10 and 30% PEA by volume. Which represents the better value depends on the price per oz. I personally like the Multi System product and the Regane HiMi as they both contain a lubricant/friction modifier for the upper cylinder in addition to the PEA (amongst other stuff)

https://gumout.com/tech-docs/

I agree... The high mileage version is what I typically go to...

I will say the Lucas oil one is actually a legitimate player at this point due to it has the same amount of PEA has Gumout.

And... The Lucas oil octane boost is legit too... It can raise octane by 3 whole numbers... Aka 30 points.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
I just ordered the "One -N- Done" stuff for half price ($10.60)...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gumout-One-N-Done-Complete-Fuel-System-Cleaner-510112W/109191239

See top of the this forum for more info...

That supposed to have the highest levels of friction modifiers of them all. It's a bit on the spendy side but it's a very robust cleaner. If your engines in good shape already and you're consistently using top tier fuel, the One N Done annually is probably all you need.

I actually forgot about this one.. good choice!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by bbhero
I agree... The high mileage version is what I typically go to...

I will say the Lucas oil one is actually a legitimate player at this point due to it has the same amount of PEA has Gumout.

And... The Lucas oil octane boost is legit too... It can raise octane by 3 whole numbers... Aka 30 points.

I've not tried either...I don't usually use an octane booster as I just fill up with mid/premium if I'm feeling like spending the money..but the system cleaner is intriguing. Looks to be comparable to others as far as PEA concentration.

I have to say though that the CRC 1 Tank Renew has the highest levels of PEA I've seen... but boy is it spendy, upwards of $18 a bottle. Ouch...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Originally Posted by diyjake

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gumout-One-N-Done-Complete-Fuel-System-Cleaner-510112W/109191239

I never seem this One-N-Done one before, I wonder if it has a higher amount of PEA.

3-7% which is low compared to others using PEA. But it does list more additives than others.

Remember this is % by volume and the volumes are different depending on the product.

1-N-Done is 20oz..it has upwards of 1.4oz of PEA
All in One is 10oz...it has upwards of 3oz of PEA
Regane HiMi is 6oz...it has upwards of 1.8oz of PEA

So while the All in One has probably the most PEA in one container, it's also nearly 2x as much as the Regane HiMi. Apprx $8 v. $4.50

All in One is $2.65 per oz of PEA
Regane HiMi is $2.46 per oz of PEA
1 N Done is $7.57 per oz of PEA (1-N-D does include more solvents per the MSDS)

So it would appear that Regane HiMi barely edges out the other 2 products in price per oz of (just) PEA.

*i used Wally's prices and I assumed the upper end of PEA range listed in the MSDS's

Originally Posted by diyjake
How much PEA does Chevron Techron?

25~45% PEA and 1~ 5% of some other proprietary ingredient (trade secret)... Chevron claims it's PEA levels are "unsurpassed". Plus, I think IIRC from their website, Chevron has a patented "form" of PEA - whatever that means??🤔 Chevron was both the first company to put PEA I their fuel and pkg it commercially as a fuel additive back in the early 80's. It was called something else back then, I can't recall exactly, but it was similar to "Techron" but something else.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

That supposed to have the highest levels of friction modifiers of them all. It's a bit on the spendy side but it's a very robust cleaner. If your engines in good shape already and you're consistently using top tier fuel, the One N Done annually is probably all you need.

I actually forgot about this one.. good choice!ðŸ‘

PEA levels be dammed, I'm definitely noticing a bit of difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back