Are you more likely to buy oil by the jug or quart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since jugs became common I buy all my vehicle oil in jugs. When I had motorcycles it was often by the quart.
My lawn mower uses my vehicle oil choice.

You can't beat 5qt jugs at Walmart. The price of oil at AZ/AA etc is significantly higher.

I prefer quarts, but most of my stash is jugs since pricing is usually better, unless I score on a closeout.

Jugs. Usually cheaper, takes less space to store and the container can be used to take the old oil for recycling.

Originally Posted by Miller88
Always by the jug unless I get clearance quarts really cheap. I'm too cheap to buy individual quart.

Yep .

Originally Posted by opus1
Jugs. Usually cheaper, takes less space to store and the container can be used to take the old oil for recycling.

So true!

Jugs.

Speeds up the oil install.

Easy to carry out the store without a bag.

Less chance of buying 3 qts of 5w20 and 2 qts of 5w30 accidentally
smile.gif

Glug glug glug !

Oil out the Jug!
_______

BUT !!!

Wife's car needs a jug and a cup.

I just don't do the cup I wait until 1/2 way through the oci.

I feel 5 fresh qts better lube up a 2 liter non-turbo, or its a junk motor!

Jugs. I keep a quart bottle to top off my OPE but I replenish it from a jug. All those small plastic bottles are a waste of good petroleum. Plus, it's much easier to get to old oil back into a jug to haul it off.

Almost always jugs for me. That being said, I am loving the 6 quart, $20, bag in a box of Havoline synthetic at WalMart.com. Getting some 5W20 and 5W30 delivered to my door today.

I prefer 5 qt jugs when I to get done fast with no mess and no fuss.

Since I got that cool funnel that attaches to the oil filler inlet, I'm an oil change wizard. I have not be able to overflow this funnel.
It does make me giggle to turn the jug up, completely up, and see it empty in seconds with no mess. If you have a Toyota you may wanna buy one of these funnels.

Only one trip to the trash can. No carrying six or seven qts out to the car.

I generally, if possible, buy a case of qts for simplicity sake. Most of "my" cars take between 6-7 qts. I add a jug and then add a qt.

Most often a jug is 5 quart size. Find the same oil in a quart and multiply by 5 and you will usually see how much more expensive that would be. My Corolla calls for 4 1/2 quarts on a change so along with saving money it is a right size container.Yes , I do buy quarts for the cycle change which is only 2 quarts, and mower and snowblower change that use about a quart.

Here, as one example, M1 is $ 14.00 per litre ALWAYS, or $ 29.00 on sale for the 4.73 L jug. That works out to $ 6.13 per litre ...

I buy the jug, for obvious reasons ...

I prefer jugs but typically only buy clearance oil of
But I'm getting a little low on clearance oil. Auto Zone needs another clearance event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back