Most reliable refrigerator brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Whirlpool side by side is going on 16 years now. Only had to replace the defrost fan control circuit board. Other than that it has been a great fridge.

Samsung RF28HFEDBSR will be best option for you it has amazing stainless steel pantry and drawer and has an awesome storage capacity of 28 cu that is really impressive capacity to be used in a large family home, offices, kitchens etc. samsung

Whirlpool

Not sure why people by overseas garbage, I guess because they make nice TVs they assume their appliances are good. Never met a customer who was happy with their Samsung or LG or better said, never heard anyone complain about their Whirlpool like they do Samsung plus my own Whirlpools which will be replaced by new Whirlpools someday.

Last edited:
LG or Samsung look awesome and work well to refrigerate or freeze items.

But they can leak.

I actually have a hand towel at the bottom of mine and have never been able to figure out why it leaks. The water supply is cut off so it must be condensate that gets in somehow.

I had an independent appliance guy in last week to look at my 6 year old French door GE fridge last week. The bottom freezer ice maker had stopped working. I had turned off the bottom ice maker a week prior and he turned it back on when he arrived. We were discussing what the problem might be when we heard the water valve turn on to dispense water into the ice maker tray and then turn off when the tray was filled. He checked the tray which had filled with water and told me to keep an eye on it as it most likely had a cube wedged in the fingers of the ice maker. It's worked perfectly since and has filled the ice bin. He charged me $55 for a service fee then left. LOL! Having said that, I've had good luck with Whirlpool appliances but my sons LG appliances have been terrible.

My 12 year old Kenmore Elite stainless 3 door was made by Whirlpool ... If you added the wear time teenagers stood and stared with both doors open ... add 3 years

Actually we have 6 Kenmore Elite appliances in the kitchen that age ... none have seen a tech

Washers and dryers I go Maytag MCT
Just got a Maytag dishwasher for our condo
Nice quiet machine

In Asia from what I heard Panasonic is the best (Mitsubishi on the other hand isn't). In the US from what I understand stay away from Samsung, LG is slightly better but still not the same as the typical American brands.

My GE Profile is going on 25, but base on the flooring it did have a leak in the past. Since I disconnect the water line anyways it doesn't bother me at all. I heard Haier / GE is good but LOUD from people I know in China, they like to stick to low tech boring and loud design, because a lot of their customers are peasants and shop on price and reliability (but not comfort and aesthetic).

Originally Posted by PandaBear
In Asia from what I heard Panasonic is the best (Mitsubishi on the other hand isn't). In the US from what I understand stay away from Samsung, LG is slightly better but still not the same as the typical American brands.

My GE Profile is going on 25, but base on the flooring it did have a leak in the past. Since I disconnect the water line anyways it doesn't bother me at all. I heard Haier / GE is good but LOUD from people I know in China, they like to stick to low tech boring and loud design, because a lot of their customers are peasants and shop on price and reliability (but not comfort and aesthetic).

Panasonic makes some excellent products. Their refrigerators are top notch and versatile. Their air conditioners are great as well.

I have all of you beat. My Whirlpool 22.2 cu ft top freezer refrigerator is 34 years old and still going strong. The only parts that I have had to replace are three ice makers ($40 for the last one) and one $30 defrost timer.

Originally Posted by PimTac
[

Panasonic makes some excellent products. Their refrigerators are top notch and versatile. Their air conditioners are great as well.

Where can you buy Panasonic fridges in the USA? I know I've seen their window A/C units for sale here, but never the fridges.

Panasonic has always made great products.

They're like oil and are all the same.

Buy what's on sale.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by PimTac
[

Where can you buy Panasonic fridges in the USA? I know I've seen their window A/C units for sale here, but never the fridges.

Panasonic has always made great products.

I don't believe they are available in the US. It's too bad too because they could be competition to the other brands. Pricing would be higher though.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Basic GE are just fine.

They "WERE" fine, since about 2016 GE home appliances has been owned by Haier China.
They are junk.

Last edited:
I have an LG and a Samsung.
Both good, I like the Samsung a little better.
But I imagine any name brand is pretty good.

The LG connects to the wireless.

Lots of love for Whirlpool....I haven't been very impressed as of late. My 3 year old WP refrigerator is now making noises, Just replaced a 6 year old WP water heater with a Rheem. My top of the line over range WP microwave has many glitches.

Have a cheap used Frigidaire range now after having the oven ignitor go out on a WP range 4 times at $150 each for the part.

All the while a 1988 Whirlpool refrigerator in my HOT uninsulated garage works flawlessly, The other old WP appliances that I bought around that time put in some serious work also.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Just replaced a 6 year old WP water heater with a Rheem.
Whirlpool does not manufacture water heaters. A.O. Smith manufactures their water heaters and many other "brands".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back