Neutral Drop

I just found them as well. I have a feeling the channel will grow fast. Alot of people might get upset over them ruining these cars but since they are getting crushed anyway you might as well have fun with them. I enjoy seeing how tough some of these transmissions are.

Originally Posted by gregk24
This is just painful to watch. Tough cars though, wonder why they are going to the crusher?

Ever wonder where donated cars go to?

That's crazy they would crush it because the vehicle looked pretty decent. It obviously ran and drove. Why not part it out in a junk yard instead.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
That's crazy they would crush it because the vehicle looked pretty decent. It obviously ran and drove. Why not part it out in a junk yard instead.

Engine was likely on its last leg... 4.7's are known to sludge up real bad and have cooling issues if not properly maintained.

Haha. I could give those guys some lessons.

When I was younger I used to work for a place that ended up with alot of abandoned vehicles. Most were worthy of the crusher and thats about it. We had alot of destructive fun back in those days.

Let me guess, other than the sludge issue as mentioned it could be rust to the frame and fuel economy. 4.7 V8 AWD is likely obsoleted in the age of high fuel price and hybrid / turbo / 8 speed transmissions.

It has 246k miles, a good long life but not much left financially.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
It's saddening how those with lower IQ's choose to illustrate their creativity.

Not sure how intelligence, perceived or otherwise, has anything to do with having fun.

Wow that Jeep took a beating with 246,000 miles and kept on going. I had no idea they would take that much abuse. The Ford 250 was also amazing. I didn't have time to watch any more of them.

Back in the day, Holden used to advertise the COmmodores in the "sandpit"...full throttle, wheelspin, D to R..car starts to move, R to D, to prove the durability of the car...would have loved that job.

The car that they showed them doing it in had the 308 V-8, which also meant a turbo 400 in a car that weighed 1.1 tonnes...

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Let me guess, other than the sludge issue as mentioned it could be rust to the frame and fuel economy. 4.7 V8 AWD is likely obsoleted in the age of high fuel price and hybrid / turbo / 8 speed transmissions.

It has 246k miles, a good long life but not much left financially.

I own one of these Jeeps. I can get as high as 20mpg on a road trip. I just had mine out in the desert this weekend and had a great time doing some exploring.

Back