How about my Lions .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
cool.gif

yay! .................................................................................................................................YAY!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Ouch?????????????

I usually try not to talk smack about other teams (unless its any team from chicago...) but.....

This has happened many many times in the last 20 years. The lions start out hot. And people think "holy smokes maybe we have a chance".
And every single time the lions fall apart. As in dont even make the playoff after a 5-1ish start.

Being as my team is in the same division, I remember this quite well.

I try to never talk smack about the lions. The lions fans have been through enough with the TERRIBLE mangement you guys have over there. But I dont want you to get heartbroken again.
Then again, maybe you guys have extremely short memories...

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
cool.gif

Green Bay will put a beating on the Lions I can't wait

The SilverDome is going to erupt in joyful tears and cheers when the Lion's win the division.

Originally Posted by sloinker
The SilverDome is going to erupt in joyful tears and cheers when the Lion's win the division.

It already did

Originally Posted by Srt20
I dont want you to get heartbroken again.
Then again, maybe you guys have extremely short memories...

Being a Vikings fan, I can relate to all you said...and relate to falling apart when it counts...

At least nothing is expected of the Lions. My Deadskins have turned into the new Cleveland Browns...and Harbaugh has turned Michigan into a joke, so I have no teams worth rooting for...

Originally Posted by grampi
At least nothing is expected of the Lions. My Deadskins have turned into the new Cleveland Browns...and Harbaugh has turned Michigan into a joke, so I have no teams worth rooting for...

Your Redskins won the division in 2015, The Browns have never won the division in which they currently reside!

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by grampi

Your Redskins won the division in 2015, The Browns have never won the division in which they currently reside!

They've won Super bowls too, but those days are long gone...

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
cool.gif

So you are Martha Firestone Ford?

You did say "my" Lions.

I just never have understood the herd mentality of sports.
But then again, I have never understood or agreed with rich people getting richer with government subsidies and players getting paid millions to play a game.

Please don't jinx my Lions, now that all the special puffing stuff is legal in MI, I am praying the Lions are able to fly on the field ;-)

Originally Posted by blupupher
I just never have understood the herd mentality of sports.

A relatively harmless, and often fun, and sometimes valuable component of our civilization that allows us to proxy a tribal and competitive nature. There are lessons to be learned by our youth involving physical fitness, hard work, character, teamwork, commitment, resilience, the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat", "it pays to be a winner" and respect for those who've accumulated knowledge and are willing to pass it on.

Originally Posted by blupupher
But then again, I have never understood or agreed with...

It's easier and possibly more productive to understand things prior to deciding if you agree or not agree with things you observe.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by sloinker

It already did

. Sadly for Lions fans, the slow slide into the abyss has began.....yet again.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back