Just Ordered Nexen Aria AH7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered these Nexen tires for my son's Matrix. He goes thru tires quickly with his typical 22k miles/year driving. I've heard of Nexen but never tried them before. The reviews were overall positive at various 3rd party websites. They're UTQG 760 AA with 80k mile warranty. We got them from an eBay dealer for $75 each. We'll find-out soon enough if we like them.

https://www.nexttires.com/shop/nexen-aria-ah7-205-55r16-91h-nex15194/

Ray

Last edited:
I put them on my daughters car....not a bad tire at all...but the sidewalls are very soft so be careful near curbs....

A tire dealer in town told me that the south Korean government mandated Nexen to manufacture a top tier tires to represent high quality as opposed to the other Korean tire manufacture's that will not be named, And I refuse to ever buy those other Korean tires. I had been using Nexen tires on my trucks as suggested by a good friend that owns a tire shop back in Kalifornia where I'm from. I have used 5 sets, 2 on the Chev, 3 on the Ford, the Ford used to eat rear tires in Kalifornia!

I installed a set on the 02 Acura TL-S, which is my beater but still a very nice car. The tires perform very well, and I'm picky! 215/50/17. I would not hesitate to purchase again.

You can special order any size at Walmart. You can special order just about any tire for that matter.

We don't have curbs up here...

I have those exact tires on my Pilot. They're excellent; very smooth and quiet. Got them for a great deal as well.

Good write on them at the link below that does list negatives on other tires but no real negatives on this one so far. I like the look of the tread design. I have an 05 Matrix so good to know about these. Prior to now they weren't on my radar.

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/nexen-aria-ah7-reviews/

_8982.jpg

_8984.jpg

_8985.jpg

They are horrible in snow! Down right dangerous, but I no longer drive it in snow. The Acura is pretty remarkable for its age with TCS/VSA/ABS system that almost makes the car un crash able unless you are dumb enough to just flat out run the car into something.

I had some Walmart Douglas tires which I was not that fond of, but they performed remarkably well in snow considering they were not an all season tire. Can't even count how many Subaru's it has passed in blizzards with the Douglas tires. After one or two drives in snow with the Nexen's, it never passed another vehicle, and it got parked during any snow days.

The Nexen Aria AH7's arrived last week and I just finished installing them using the cheapo HF manual tire changer and their bubble level balancer. No problems at all but, I'm not crazy about the tire bar that comes with the HF changer. It did the job but there are better ones out there. The balancer seemed to work just fine -actually much better than I thought it would. We pre-checked the wheels w/o the tires, marked the heavy side and mounted the yellow dot on the heavy side of the wheel. Two of the wheels required no balancing and the other two needed 1/2 and 3/4 oz respectively.

The test drive was great. The tires feel great, handle well and ride quiet. There was absolutely no vibration at any speed.

If you want something done right, do it yourself. The last 2-3 times we purchased tires locally, the shop botched the job. Sadly, this cheapo tire changer only works on steel rims or junky aluminium wheels that are already dinged-up. If I can find a good quality tire bar with rollers instead of contact friction, I'll attempt to use it on my cars with nicer wheels.

Anyhow, first impression of the tires is very good. It was fun showing #2 son how to mount/balance tires on an old fashioned tire changer. It took 2 hours start to finish but, at least we didn't spend $130 to have someone screw it up.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.