No. 7 Kyle Larson 42
No. 8 Martin Truex Jr. 19
No. 9 Ryan Blaney 12
No. 10 Paul Menard 21

Sunday, September 29, 2019
Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:38pm/et
Laps/Stages: 109 laps total. Stages end on laps: 25/50/109

TELEVISION / RADIO / STREAMING

Television Coverage: Time 2:30pm/et, NBC and streamed at NBC Sports Live (available with participating TV provider login)
Radio Coverage (over the air and streaming): Performance Racing Network (PRN) / SiriusXM Satellite NASCAR (available with subscription)

Race Festivities/Officials:
Grand Marshals: Tony Stewart, Joe Gibbs, Bobby Labonte and Waddell Wilson
Command to start engines: Tony Stewart, Joe Gibbs, Bobby Labonte and Waddell Wilson
Honorary Starter/Wave Green Flag: Charles Bowman, Bank of America's market president for North Carolina and Charlotte
Honorary Pace Car Driver: Mario Andretti
Color Guard: TBA
Invocation: Charles White, Chaplain of North Carolina National Guard
National Anthem: Lindsay Ell, Stoney Creek Records country music singer and songwriter
Flyover: TBA

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 3 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 8 sets for the race (7 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying or practice);

Tire Codes (same on all four tire positions): D-4940

Tire Circumference: 2,240 mm (88.19 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front - 26 psi; Right Front - 28 psi;
Left Rear - 20 psi; Right Rear - 20 psi

Wet Weather Tires - White-lettered tires on hand: Goodyear will bring its wet weather radials for use at Charlotte, should NASCAR decide that conditions warrant . . . Cup teams are allowed up to two sets of "wets" for practice and qualifying and up to four sets for the race . . . Xfinity teams are allowed up to two sets of "wets" for practice and up to two sets for their race . . . this tire was last run in NASCAR competition by Xfinity teams at both Watkins Glen (practice and race) and Road America (practice) last season . . . the "Goodyear" and "Eagle" lettering on the sidewalls of the wet weather tires is white, not the standard Goodyear yellow.

To the rear, Hamlin, Kligerman, Bowman (backup cars), Truex Jr (engine change).

EFpXFPtW4AEWz3n.jpg

EFoq-GYXoAAJ65L.jpg

D9wi1c2UEAIEvzg.jpg large.jpg

JJ Yeley will drive the 51 car for Cody Ware, who was taken out of the Xfinity race due to heat exhaustion, per Bob Pockrass. They will go to the rear as well as the 00 car of Cassill for unapproved adjustments.

Last edited:
I'll take a guy who has his back up against the wall the #1 car Kurt Busch and don't think it's a stretch that he can win it.

After the check to see if all drivers are ready to participate, the 42 (Larson) car reports a driver AC failure and are attempting to fix it.

So cool to see Mario Andretti in the Pace Car. The first time I saw him in person I was 9-10 years old. I was taking the NBC Burbank studio tour and we were told to not talk with any of the "talent" as we walked through. We come out to the parking lot where Jay Leno filmed a lot of his outside bits and there was Mario filming a bit. Now I am normally a very calm, not loud person, but I came completely unglued. Like crying mess. The tour guide had no idea why I had that reaction and my mom had to explain it. Mario saw it, laughed and waved.

On the first lap Bowman spun while locking up going into the backstretch chicane, Truex Jr and Wallace Jr cut the chicane. Truex served the penalty on the front stretch, while Bowman and Wallace delayed serving the penalty and were issued drive through penalties as a result.

Caution lap 19, the 47 car spun on the back stretch chicane. 51 should be the free pass. Looks like he wheel hopped on entry and the back end came around.

Last edited:
Caution lap 22, cars 11, 20, 88, 48 spun into turn 1 on the restart. Car 15 stalled in NASCAR 3. 32 owes a lap for pitting outside the box. The 1 car got into the back of the 37. All cars continue. Free pass to the 66.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
42 will be held a lap for pitting outside the box, 66 for improper fueling.

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back