fedex shipment facilities now in walmart and walgreens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two fedex packages being delivered to me that I didn't know was going to be signature required, so I called up fedex and asked if they could hold it at a local fedex location. So today I find out that one package is sitting at Walmart and the other one is at the walgreens across the street. Im not sure how two packages from the same shipper got sent to two different places across the street from one another, and also since when did they start having fedex shipping stores inside a Walmart and walgreens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, found this out about Walgreens a few months ago. Buying online is often because I can't stand to go to Walmart and deal with their sloppy stores and long lines. I'd never get fedex or any other package at walmart, but Walgreens works quite well.

Set up your fedex.com profile and then you can pick where they send your packages for alternative delivery.

The locations vary -- it's going to be public buildings with regular hours and security who can watch over the packages.

UPS has a similar service, but their hold locations are usually just UPS stores.

Walgreens yes, but didn't know about WM. Mileage may vary, but good to know. Thanks.

Our local hardware store does UPS and the post office is downtown. Pain to get to as the town was designed by a drunk man on a blind donkey.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Yes, found this out about Walgreens a few months ago. Buying online is often because I can't stand to go to Walmart and deal with their sloppy stores and long lines. I'd never get fedex or any other package at walmart, but Walgreens works quite well.

I really don't want to pick up any boxes at Walgreens when I can order everything on Amazon and it be delivered to my home.

I also avoid Wal-Mart unless its absolutely necessary....

FedEx at Wally's or wherever, beats having some crackhead stealing it off your porch. A retired or stay at home neighbor is even better.

I haven't had a problem with drop-offs at my house (nor theft) but a place to do returns and shipping would be nice to use. At least the option.

Dunno about your regions but I've found Walmart to be just fine at 7am. Get in and out first thing in the morning. Later in the day it's definitely can be a zoo.

No problem with Walmart pickup if your store has a Pickup Tower...big giant vending machine. Lockers for the bigger stuff too right beside the vending machine. If it's an item that is bigger than what the vending machine or lockers can handle, an associate will bring it to you after you have checked in on the vending machine. As soon as I walk in the door, the Pickup tower is staring me right in the face.

Originally Posted by BigD1

No problem with Walmart pickup if your store has a Pickup Tower...big giant vending machine. Lockers for the bigger stuff too right beside the vending machine. If it's an item that is bigger than what the vending machine or lockers can handle, an associate will bring it to you after you have checked in on the vending machine. As soon as I walk in the door, the Pickup tower is staring me right in the face.

Ditto...big and welcomed improvement over the old way of having to go to the back of the store to retrieve your dot.com orders.ðŸ‘.. and yes, if I absolutely have to go into the store it's early A.M. or after say 9pm.

I've been doing this for quite some time -- a few years - now. It's the only reliable way I can get deliveries. I do the same with UPS.

What a nightmare of a place. No carts, no shrink wrap and nobody to help me load. It was a 150 pound crate. The guy says you didn't know what you were picking up? Why didn't you bring a helper? Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. You didn't see my picture on Wikipedia?
grin.gif

This seems to be the way of the land these days. Amazon now has drop boxes at a local car wash chain and Kohl's is a return depot if you receive an order you don't want, just walk into a Kohl's and they'll ship it back to Amazon. Now, I have not checked to see if there are any charges for this service, I suspect not, but until you see brick and mortar Amazon centers, you're going to see more and more of these collaborations across the retail scene.

So which location was the nighmare since there was a walgreens and a walmart involved...

Setup a Fedex profile and control these deliveries electronically rather than calling on the phone.

My best service has been at the local FedEx office location, though their hours are less than Walmart or Walgreens. Much better service though...

And I would have to agree with the pickup - you didn't know you had a 150 lb delivery to pickup? What did you expect you were going to be offered for service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back