What is your favorite high mileage oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 that is developing some minor leaks, takes 5w-30. I would like to keep it full synthetic heading into the winter months. What is your favorite high mileage oil and why?

+1

ACC8B502-5010-4AC5-99F6-EBB7A427E3F2.png

Concern with leaks and loving full syn, usually disregard each other.... But not for me!
I would have already been running Rotella T6 in 5/40 in that engine. T6 is my go to oil anywhere its applicable, and a full size small blcok chevy fits the bill, I would absolutely have a HDEO in it.....
As far as high mileage oils, it depends on the engine and what UOA's I can find for the combo in the beginning. Right now to name a few throughout our family of engines;
KIA=PPHM 5/30
JEEP=T6 5/40
DAKOTA=T6 5/40
COBALT=PPHM 5/30
EXPLORER=GC 0/40
My son just sold a Honda Civic and it seemed to like Max Life FS as it slowed an oil consumption issue at 180k mi with a stable and usable TBN at 6500mi OCI. The PPHM held up better but did not slow oil consumption. At 180k mi, we were not fixing it right through a rebuild so we bandaided it with oil for a long time and no issues, STILL GOT 30PMG!!!

I've sealed up a pretty big rear valve cover leak on an 04 Taurus and just this week a main seal leak although not bad using liqui moly motor oil saver added to regular synthetic. I used pretty much whatever oil I had on hand in the Taurus and 20k later it hadn't returned.

PPHM 5w30 for 5k intervals. just quieter and smoother on cold day start ups than a lot of same weight oils I used before. For 7500k intervals M1 EPHM. Also quiet and I know it's of good make up. All antidotal of course. I'm at 265k and I'm not married to HM oil. Right now I'm on QSUD..

M1 HM 5w30 kept my car brand new clean from day one. Switched over to Valvoline FS ML 5w30 for a few oci and sadly it started turning the metal yellowish. MaxLife a great feeling oil but I went back to M1 HM with amsoil engine flush for all my oci. I also use Royal Purple HM 5w30 in my truck for a few OCI now and it has really cleaned up the engine block (along with about 6 oci also with amsoil engine flush). The guy that owned it before me must have been running tar in the engine LOL, but I'm liking the RP HM as well and will continue using it (may even switch the car and truck over to RP HPS).

Depending on how cold your winters are and how bad yours leaks I'd recommend:

1)Mild Winters & Leaking like a sieve = Maxlife Heavy Duty 15w40

2)Cold Winters & Slight seeping = Maxlife PCMO 10w40

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Has anyone had success with Supertech full synthetic HM? As far as helping leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back