Snow is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the view from my town. I'm sure the boys in Northern Idaho can relate to this. Supposed to freeze tonight and a large snow storm will be hitting southern Alberta and parts of Montana.

2EB3D0C8-5DEF-4DF7-9B71-6068A5E8D845.jpeg

Snagglefoot no thanks. I'm hoping I don't see the white stuff until the end of November or even December.

I still have too many little projects to do outside before winter sets in.

Beautiful. We are still averaging mid 90's here. Can't wait to start enjoying some fall weather!

That's got to be some kind of record, at least in the lower 48 for earliest snow. I read they could get up to 4 feet in places. Must be a global warming thing.

Beautiful picture. Where I am I would just like to get out of the 90's some time soon.

Originally Posted by csandste
New climate= no spring, no fall. Just blistering heat and numbing cold.

That's what Greta the Grinch says. I'm still waiting for that Silent Spring that was talked about in the Sixties.

Originally Posted by carviewsonic
We have about 6" on the ground this morning in south Alberta, and supposed to get another 4" by tonight.
smirk2.gif
Too soon!

6 inch and 4 inch for us "lazy" Americans. That's 15cm and 10cm to the rest of the world which includes Alberta.

Originally Posted by PimTac

That's what Greta the Grinch says. I'm still waiting for that Silent Spring that was talked about in the Sixties.

Yep, nothing but doom and gloom for what seems like forever now. Sure glad I haven't been in hiding all this time waiting for the earth to end.

climmitty1.jpg

Move to Northern Ontario, been a gorgeous fall, mid-to high 60s to low 70s for the past few weeks, and more of the same through October.
Fall around here is great, what follows, not so much.

Originally Posted by ctrcbob
Originally Posted by carviewsonic
We have about 6" on the ground this morning in south Alberta, and supposed to get another 4" by tonight.
smirk2.gif
Too soon!

6 inch and 4 inch for us "lazy" Americans. That's 15cm and 10cm to the rest of the world which includes Alberta.

The change to metric happened when I was in high school, so I'll say things like "we drove 1000 kms, and averaged 30mpg" (imperial gallon that is)
lol.gif

Yeah, it's been clear, but chilly here on the west coast too.
It really is early, but I'm kinda stoked for snowboarding season
laugh.gif

If the Earths climate didn't change we still would be in the ice age or what ever was before it. That being said below 65*f and I and miserable. Looking at the drop in n the jet stream makes it easy to understand the snow.

It's been a brutal summer here, we're expecting mid 90's temps until mid next week. It's probably rained maybe three times all summer, on the plus side I've only had to cut my grass a couple times since May. Grass crunches under your feet it's so dry. Pretty unusual for northern KY, usually we get a deluge of rain by this time of year.

Originally Posted by irv
Originally Posted by PimTac

Yep, nothing but doom and gloom for what seems like forever now. Sure glad I haven't been in hiding all this time waiting for the earth to end.

She has that stink eye look because she is thinking about the next who-hash meal being prepared. That who hash gets old after a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back