Anyone enjoy a nice fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure … but really a ways off.

669C3AFA-B917-4006-834B-CD4C7D9C3AAF.jpeg

I love a good fire, preferably in a fireplace within the house, but next best thing would be a fire pit in the backyard. I my current house it's a fire pit, it's fine when the weather is nice enough for it, though, nothing beats a fireplace in the house that you can enjoy rain or shine or when the temps get too chilly to be outside or before the mosquitoes have left for the season

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I live in Phoenix. My life is on fire.

I hear you. We went from a house in Glendale without a fireplace, to our home here in Havasu with one. Out here having a fireplace is like having A/C on a work truck in Nome. Neither gets used much.

I've enjoy a fire no matter the place or time. Being that this is BITOG, my favorite fires were in the detached garage at my old house. I had a wood burner in the garage along with a electric coffee percolator. Changing the oil during the winter months was much more pleasurable having that fire going. The smell of coffee attracted the neighbors.

Maybe once or twice every few years. It never really gets cold enough here to warrant starting a fire in the fireplace.

Sometimes I think I wouldn't mind one in say the garage, but I really don't want to deal with wood smoke or ash inside the house. At a cabin, fine, it's part of the ambiance, but at home, no thanks. I don't mind working with wood, splitting stack etc but allergies are slowly getting worse as the years go by.

An outdoor firepit would be nice though. Smore's year round? Sure!

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I live in Phoenix.

My life is on fire.

And I live in the Swamp. A fire would be nice on those three nights a year when the temp thuds down to 50. Almost no houses or apartments have a working fireplace here, so it's academic.

Yeah same deal in San Antonio.

I lived in Western New York, we would have fires almost all year round. Nice sitting around a campfire with a cold brew.

We actually laughed, we were looking at houses, and some had woodburning fireplaces in San Antonio. I know very few people who actually use the fire place.

Same deal with hot tubs. It's still 95 degrees outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back