Anyone enjoy a nice fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit, I enjoy a nice fire on a cool or chilly night. I have plenty of deadwood around me. I was reading all about bonfires earlier. Anyone else here enjoy a nice fire or bonfire?

Definitely enjoy a fire during the fall or winter. Have two fireplaces and use them both regularly. Hard to think about fires now when the heat index is 103F everyday!!

"When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones beside the fire." -Pink Floyd

With rain in the forecast, stopped by our local (almond) firewood vendor yesterday but he hasn't yet opened for the season.

Historically, October is the most severe month for wild fires in CA. Open fires are banned almost everywhere here.

Yes, I do. I have a small fire pit I use every winter. Just had a nice fire last weekend for the kids and their bday party.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As I text, I'm sitting outside just off of my deck at my fire pit.......sitting in my Adirondack Chair smoking a Nub (Cameronn wrapper) and indulging in a Samuel Adams Octoberfest brew. Currently, I'm burning up all the Cherry wood from an old tree that I took down last year. The smell of both the Nub and the Cherry wood is truly inspiring. (Not to take away from the smooth taste of my Octoberfest brew). Life is good.
beer3.gif

The fireplace is always nice on a chilly autumn evening.
We're not getting those yet, though.
We're forecast to see three days above 90F in the first days of October here in SW Ohio.
Average date of first frost is 10/15 in this area but I'll be surprised to see one before 10/31 based upon the current long range forecast.
It'll be a while before we have a fire in the fireplace.

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
As I text, I'm sitting outside just off of my deck at my fire pit.......sitting in my Adirondack Chair smoking a Nub (Cameronn wrapper) and indulging in a Samuel Adams Octoberfest brew. Currently, I'm burning up all the Cherry wood from an old tree that I took down last year. The smell of both the Nub and the Cherry wood is truly inspiring. (Not to take away from the smooth taste of my Octoberfest brew). Life is good.
beer3.gif

I'll second that notion ...

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
He can watch all he wants.......I have extra seats and more beer if he wants to come by.....
Lol

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back