NAPA PRO SELECT CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Off a lady friends 2011 Hyundai Sonata base model with 4cylinder and 122,xxx miles on odometer. Had this filter and NAPA blend 10w30 on it and I installed it about 4 months ago. Miles on filter and oil was 3,233. Put another of these filters and some older NAPA Syn 5w30 in and on. 98% highway miles also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If she's doing 90% freeway driving she could most likely go more like 5000~6000 miles on the oil and filter. The oil still looks pretty clean on that filter.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Not your typical ProSelect that's for sure.

Yeah, OEM Hyundai/Kia clones
wink.gif

Glad I bought $12 of these for around $19~ "work account price"
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
If she's doing 90% freeway driving she could most likely go more like 5000~6000 miles on the oil and filter. The oil still looks pretty clean on that filter.

I mentioned that and she Will shoot for 4,000-4,500 miles next time

You always do great C and P on filters
Next time tell her to drive that combination for 6k miles and it will be fine

Originally Posted by toneydoc
You always do great C and P on filters
Next time tell her to drive that combination for 6k miles and it will be fine

Thank You sir
smile.gif

I will relay the great info
smile.gif

Looks just like a re-boxed Hyundai/KIA group So. Korean Mann-Hummel.

Now about that short OCI. You really should be looking at a twice a year Winter - Summer oil change on that Sonata

Instead of changing her oil, smoke her some brisket or take her out for a white tablecloth dinner
smile.gif

Ever since my wife overshot her OC by 3000 miles under warranty
and I did a oil anaylsis expecting the worse but wit the results I saw the best !

I am a changed man. Well maybe a little.

Unless its an interval across a killer Winter up North, I'm would target a minimum 7500 when running a good synthetic.

Mainly short trips and commutes would pull that back a little.

We always ran about 6000 miles on the older FB subaru with dino with no issues. But both of us had 30+ mile one way commutes with 70% highway.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by GSCJR
Not your typical ProSelect that's for sure.

Yeah, OEM Hyundai/Kia clones
wink.gif

Glad I bought $12 of these for around $19~ "work account price"
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I mentioned that and she Will shoot for 4,000-4,500 miles next time

Good deal! Nice cut and post.

Great job as always ‘53stude
Is the pro select a jobbers filter or an off the shelf Napa?

I think the proselect oil filters are a off the shelf item now at Napa... My local Napa stores do not carry the Silver oil filters unless you order them... The proselect is in store though and ready to purchase as such... Makes me think the proselect has just taken the place of the Silver. Though I have gone on ahead and bought the Napa Gold...

I like the efficiency of the Gold filter. It really can be a 15k mile filter in a clean motor that is port injection and sees a lot of long highway runs.

Ohh and I just saw the wildest commercial the other day on you tube while watching a old NASCAR race which still had the commercials on the video... From like 1986-87.... AC Delco commercial where Chuck Yeager talks about the AC Delco oil filters going 15k miles.... That was quite the surprise.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Looks a lot better than the older style ProSelect I took off of my cousin's Mustang when he bought it. The ADBV was hard as a rock and the pleats were very wavy. I've been very interested to see more of the newer M&H versions cut open.

Excellent c&p again, Adam. Thanks.
Also, truly a great looking filter for the price and really, in its own right.

Originally Posted by bbhero
I think the proselect oil filters are a off the shelf item now at Napa... My local Napa stores do not carry the Silver oil filters unless you order them... The proselect is in store though and ready to purchase as such... Makes me think the proselect has just taken the place of the Silver. Though I have gone on ahead and bought the Napa Gold...

I like the efficiency of the Gold filter. It really can be a 15k mile filter in a clean motor that is port injection and sees a lot of long highway runs.

Ohh and I just saw the wildest commercial the other day on you tube while watching a old NASCAR race which still had the commercials on the video... From like 1986-87.... AC Delco commercial where Chuck Yeager talks about the AC Delco oil filters going 15k miles.... That was quite the surprise.

Bradley is correct
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Ive used proselects many times. For the price, excellent filter.

Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
Excellent c&p again, Adam. Thanks.
Also, truly a great looking filter for the price and really, in its own right.

Yeah, I hope these continue to be made this way
smile.gif

You're welcome of course
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Nice.

I think I'll run one of these in my garden tractor next.

I would as they are built well
smile.gif

Adam your pictures seem to be clearer with a better focus. Have you moved to a better camera or cell phone with better resolution?
Looks good bud thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back