TCW3 fuel mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 14 gallons of fuel in my boat, mixed at a 50:1 ratio. I had planned to run it out, but weather may prevent me from getting the boat out again. I would like to run the fuel in my vehicles. How many gallons of fuel should I run with a gallon of boat fuel?

I was thinking one or two gallons in a 20 gallon tank.

Last edited:
First off, I don't know what TCW3 fuel mix is. A 2-cycle oil and stabilizer combo?

Your mix ratio (50:1) means there are 2.56 oz of product added to each gallon of gas.

If you add one gallon of your mix to 19 gallons of fresh fuel you'll have 2.56 oz. of product to 2,560 oz. of fuel.

The resulting mix will be 1,000:1. You can't just ignore round numbers.

Who cares if you foul your plugs or injectors? You gotta go with that WINNING math!

SERIOUSLY: You can't give mix away because if you do and your friend's boat misfires or fails to start 3 seasons from now, they'll still come and blame you.

Ask me how I know.

Originally Posted by Kira
First off, I don't know what TCW3 fuel mix is. A 2-cycle oil and stabilizer combo?

Your mix ratio (50:1) means there are 2.56 oz of product added to each gallon of gas.

If you add one gallon of your mix to 19 gallons of fresh fuel you'll have 2.56 oz. of product to 2,560 oz. of fuel.

The resulting mix will be 1,000:1. You can't just ignore round numbers.

Who cares if you foul your plugs or injectors? You gotta go with that WINNING math!

SERIOUSLY: You can't give mix away because if you do and your friend's boat misfires or fails to start 3 seasons from now, they'll still come and blame you.

Ask me how I know.

Many on BITOG use a mix of 1 oz TCW3 (two cycle water cooled) oil per 5 gallons of gas as a cleaner for injectors and valves.

There you go!

So dumping a gallon of your mix into a 20 gallon tank before filling up will present no problem. Might even help a tad.

As you can tell, I'm no kind of "additive guy".

5 or 6 years ago my friend's son mentioned Sea-Foam to me and I had no idea what the stuff was and he looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Now I WANT to try it! Sucking the stuff through a brake booster pipe is intriguing.

In the pick up I would run 5 gallons the first fill up the 2 or 3 after that to be conservative. at each fill up. 20+ gallon tank

Originally Posted by CT8
In the pick up I would run 5 gallons the first fill up the 2 or 3 after that to be conservative. at each fill up. 20+ gallon tank

Five gallons of oil????

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by CT8

Five gallons of oil????

Did you read the post?

I have about 14 gallons of fuel in my boat, mixed at a 50:1 ratio. I had planned to run it out, but weather may prevent me from getting the boat out again. I would like to run the fuel in my vehicles. How many gallons of fuel should I run with a gallon of boat fuel?

I was thinking one or two gallons in a 20 gallon tank.

I'm always concerned with the computerized systems in cars how it will affect the computer mixing and changing the air fuel ratio as you drive to compensate for the enriched fuel mixture. ?????

I use good old gas in my car and good 2 cycle mix in my lawnmower and snowblower. It is my belief, adding a little 2 cycle oil to 4 cycle equipment extends the piston, rings, and cylinder life because it provides upper cylinder lubrication.

Originally Posted by CT8

+1
smile.gif

I certainly would not worry about running some premix in a modern car or truck.

I have been running it in my 2017 Toyota Sienna for about 50K miles at roughly a 200-1 ratio of oil to mid grade gas.

why? it's direct injected, and I want a little lube for the high pressure fuel pump. If I'm on the road and have no oil, then I don't worry about it.

The octane of the 2 stroke oil could be as low as 50-60 octane from what I have been able to find out and I'm not certain of even that number.* At a 200-1 ratio, this will lower the octane of the fuel about .2 of a point. So my midgrade becomes 88.8 instead of 89

That is the only possible down side to using it that I can see.

You will NOT have carbon build up, smoke from the tail pipe or fouled plugs. That is thrown out in every thread, but no evidence to back it up.

*I got the 50-60 octane number from an article that said a 50-1 ratio would drop the octane about 1 point. I know regular motor oil can be as low as 20-30 octane, but they are not designed to burn as fuel.

Last edited:
I would run 1 gallon of your boat gas to 8-10 gallons of straight unleaded. TCW3 won't hurt cats or anything else at this ratio. Might actually help clean up a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back