2011 BMW 335D, 8.5K mi, Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car is deleted, tuned to ~350whp/575wtq, and has oiled cotton filter, hence silicon. Driven in spirited+ fashion daily. I believe my 1qt per OCI make-up oil situation has been resolved after discovery of a leaky boost connection that was just fixed.

Previous oils l->r were: Mobil 1 ESP 5w30, Liqui-Moly Top Tec 4100 5w40, and Shell Rotella T6 5w40.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
I'll bet that engine pushes you back into the seat on command !!!

It shames e9x (V8) M3s from a highway roll. That's always satisfying. Especially when you live in Delaware and it's H2Oi weekend in Ocean City, MD and every e9x M3 in a 300 mile radius seems to be in the area.
grin.gif

And double the fuel economy of course.

That's a decent report. I personally would consider using a non-oiled and efficient air filter because the silicone oil shows up at silicon in the UOAs and masks how much silicon from dirt ingestion there is. There is also the question of how efficient your air filter is at filtration compared to a factory-replacement filter.

The deletion and tune has made your car the ultimate driving machine in fact-It is expensive oil-but I might try Redline 5w30 euro oil-despite low additives-it has given excellent used oil analysis on the Russian oil club ru. Here is one found on there. https://www.oil-club.ru/forum/topic...an-patfaynder-v9x-posle-11652-km/?page=2 They also have a few other used oil analysis and a virgin of the same oil. If you use google you can translate to English.

If the 335d came in wagon form and offered manual transmission-And throw in better reliability-it literally would be best. Acceleration fuel economy and handling are unmatched in my view.

Originally Posted by spiderbypass
If the 335d came in wagon form and offered manual transmission-And throw in better reliability-it literally would be best. Acceleration fuel economy and handling are unmatched in my view.

Third generation SCR system is pretty robust. Engine itself is not an issue, it was always this SCR junk.

I am sending mine in at 112500 for a 7500 OCI, same car as you, similar mileage,similar tune, running Motul XCess 5W40. Will post results when I get it back. My car had a walnut blasting gone wrong before I bought it and tuned it, so I am curious how this may affect it. Oil has been changed twice since then so I do believe most of walnuts that went into the pan are gone (filter and oil came out clean last change, unlike first change).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back