Herth+Buss parts quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A torn boot in one of the front sway bar links of my car had me to order all 4 sway bar links plus the 4 sway bar bushings in order to install the rest when they will also get damaged in the future.

I ordered them online and in order to avoid ordering from a second seller I ordered 2 Herth+Buss bushings for the rear sway bar. I order Febi Bilstein bushings for the front sway bar which I think is a company that supplies OEM parts for VW, but what about Herth+Buss? Has anyone ever heard Herth+Buss parts, are they quality parts or not?

If I had a dollar for every part on my car that I'm not ordering a replacement for tonight even though said part clearly "might get damaged in the future", I'd be most of the way to enough money for a new car.

Last edited:
I cant speak to the quality of Herth+Buss parts but Febi is some of the worst crap on the market along with companies like Meyle, Rein, ÃœRO, Flennor, etc and is not an OE supplier of anything significant. If a company supplies a .2c plastic piece to a company they can claim to be an OE supplier.
Use brand name parts and save your time and the few bucks that crap cost.

Originally Posted by mk378
If I had a dollar for every part on my car that I'm not ordering a replacement for tonight even though said part clearly "might get damaged in the future", I'd be most of the way to enough money for a new car.

Well, the other front end link is clearly near the end of its life. Its boots are visibly in a very bad condition and they will obviously leak grease soon. I think when taking off the sway bar it's a good idea to change the bushings too. They are very cheap, less than $10 each, and it will prevent you doing the same job twice.

As for the rear axle, it may take more time for the links to need change, but I'm sure they will need too. I order my parts from abroad and each order costs 15 Euro in shipping costs, so I thought it's a good idea to buy the parts for the rear sway bar too, even if they fail in 12 or 18 months time.

Originally Posted by Trav
I cant speak to the quality of Herth+Buss parts but Febi is some of the worst crap on the market along with companies like Meyle, Rein, ÃœRO, Flennor, etc and is not an OE supplier of anything significant. If a company supplies a .2c plastic piece to a company they can claim to be an OE supplier.
Use brand name parts and save your time and the few bucks that crap cost.

I was trying to find Moog bushings for the sway bars on ebay for my Lancer, but almost no seller had them. I found them only for one axle and the seller had a ridiculously high shipping cost listed for them.
Even Moog lists just only 1 piece on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moog-MI-SB-10494-MIT-Lancer-08/dp/B06X95C641/
It's a little bit difficult to find aftermarket parts for the Lancer (1.5L 2010).

I have read both good and bad things about Febi parts. I don't know if the other brands of the group (Swag and Blueprint) are of the same quality.

But I couldn't find many comments for Herth and Buss.

edit: The other brands I was able to find are A.B.S., FEBEST (for which I read bad comments), First Line and maybe some other no name brands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back