Detailing spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry. It works on wet or dry and has carnauba wax in it.

Originally Posted by saginawmale50
Its not similar in that its a synthetic rather than carnuba, but I really like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish. 12.99 Amazon.

Not a detailing spray.

Using Meguiar's UFF like a QD would scratch your paint like crazy.

I like Griot's Speed Shine.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by saginawmale50
Its not similar in that its a synthetic rather than carnuba, but I really like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish. 12.99 Amazon.

Not a detailing spray.

Using Meguiar's UFF like a QD would scratch your paint like crazy.

I like Griot's Speed Shine.

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Quick detailer, but only after washing my car and drying. Polymer synthetic.

You could stop by a body shop and ask them for the phone # to the supplier that stops at their shop once or twice a month, and get a price for their generic spray wash or spray wax, which ever your looking for. I have used many different suppliers, none ever scratched any "Fresh" paint, or very dirty painted surface either, also used it with clay bar too. But your probably going to have to buy a minimum of a gallon. I have never used any commercial retail available detail sprays, I don't think they existed before they were available on the detail supply trucks that supply shops.

Originally Posted by KneeGrinder
You could stop by a body shop and ask them for the phone # to the supplier that stops at their shop once or twice a month, and get a price for their generic spray wash or spray wax, which ever your looking for. I have used many different suppliers, none ever scratched any "Fresh" paint, or very dirty painted surface either, also used it with clay bar too. But your probably going to have to buy a minimum of a gallon. I have never used any commercial retail available detail sprays, I don't think they existed before they were available on the detail supply trucks that supply shops.

Meguiar's red bottle QD has been around forever.

If you want a commercial product, it's hard to beat Majestic Solutions Spray Shine at $20/gallon.

Fast Finish aerosol spray by Meguiars is outstanding. Must be completely dry/water free prior to application.Like a poor mans nano application with less cost or preparation.

Originally Posted by wdn
How about Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry. It works on wet or dry and has carnauba wax in it.

Plus it's fast and easy to use, because you have to dry your car anyway. Turtle Wax has a similar product. I have never seen any improvement in using an after dry detailer, over any of the Wax-As-U-Dry products. They just take more time, and make more work.

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by wdn

Plus it's fast and easy to use, because you have to dry your car anyway. Turtle Wax has a similar product. I have never seen any improvement in using an after dry detailer, over any of the Wax-As-U-Dry products. They just take more time, and make more work.

Well, a spray wax is not a quick detailer.

A quick detailer provides more lubrication for cleaning a dusty or mildly dirty car. They may provide some protection, but cleaning and shine enhancement are their primary purpose. Wiping down a car after driving it to a show to remove the mild road film, for example. I use them somewhat frequently during pollen season here in NC.

I use Optimum No Rinse as a quick detail as well as cleaning the exterior and interior. I use a cap full in a quart of distilled water with a clean micro fiber cloth. Works great.

Don't discount Megs Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax. It's inexpensive and can be found practically anywhere.

I enjoy trying new products but can't get away from this product. Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate which makes 32 bottles(22 ounces) of detailer. Not only cleans but leaves some protection behind. So less than a dollar per bottle since it's about $18 on Amazon. I keep a bottle of it in the trunk to remove bird bombs, bug splatter, tree sap, tar, etc. for spot cleaning.

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by wdn

Well, a spray wax is not a quick detailer.

A quick detailer provides more lubrication for cleaning a dusty or mildly dirty car. They may provide some protection, but cleaning and shine enhancement are their primary purpose. Wiping down a car after driving it to a show to remove the mild road film, for example. I use them somewhat frequently during pollen season here in NC.

That is exactly what I mean. I usually spray the car (70 Chevelle) before it goes to a car show. Stuff I referred to in the beginning works great and looks fantastic. Just like I stated it has gotten pretty expensive plus shipping cost as its not available locally.

Originally Posted by 007
Looking for something to use before a car show or to clean bugs off later.

Try Griot's Best Of Show Detailer. It works well in the sun, which is rare to find.

Meguiar's red bottle QD has been around forever.

I've used this too for decades and it is good stuff but pretty much as a lubricant for claying. In general, I avoid detailing sprays as a true cleaner and would rather just get out the buckets and do it right - or explore some of these waterless wash products (which I haven't done yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back