CRC 1 Tank Renew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this?..thoughts??...it's not cheap; abt $18 on Amazon. The SDS shows a *proprietary " PEA of 30~40â„… and another "proprietary" amine 5~10â„… and other solvents. Do TWO amines make this product any better (and worth the asking price), than say Techron or Gumout w/PEA??

SDS

CRC 1 Tank Renew

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/CRC-05063-Emissions-Test-Formula-12-oz/19853345

Ive used the emissions formula that contains PEA and it seemed to help. Granted i cant scientifically state that it did anything...but i think it showed 30-40% PEA. Seemed to do more than techron fuel system cleaner..but thats seat of my pants testing lol.

I wouldnt bother unless its been 1-2 years since last use of a PEA product. I feel like even once every few years would be sufficient. I have used PEA yearly but only the first couple times did I notice any differrnce.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JHZR2
What problem are you trying to solve?

None. Just came across this item in another forum. A forum user there claimed it was superior to Techron, so I thought I'd see what BITOG thought of it.

*CRC markets the item as a system cleaner

Last edited:
Canadian here - - - This is one of the best fuel additives we have here.
I have used it many times, in many different cars. Every time a noticeable difference in economy and throttle response.
We bought a used audi a4 that was "well taken care of" - - - - used this CRC product in it - - it was like a new engine after 100-150kms.
Totally woke the engine up across the board. It must have had some seriously gummed up internals. Since then I use this product or redline (which ever is cheaper at the time), every 6 months.
My drive to work is awful - 1.5 min drive one way. Engine does not get to temp often. I take it for highway rips every two weeks or so.
Hard to keep my engine clean and purring. Its worse in the winter.

Go for the CRC product - - -the 1 tank has a more noticeable effect than the guaranteed to pass stuff.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Looks like it could be a winner here man... Good find on your part.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the inclusion of a 2nd amine compound makes this a "strong" cleaner. I guess you could run it in a tank of gas and do before and after inspections with a borescope. But it's kinda spendy even compared to what I consider expensive the Techron System Concentrate... which IMO set's the bar for a system cleaner.

I don't think CRC would market "junk"?? IMO they make good stuff...I always have their brake cleaner, MAF cleaner and throttle body cleaner... and their lube for the pad backing works great for noise.

Last edited:
It's not redline si-1 but it's in my top three of Pea fuel system cleaners I would use. CRC has been around awhile; I really like their pea based GDI throttle cleaner also.

Originally Posted by StarCaller
comparable to gumout one-n-done ?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dunno... good question.🤔

According to the MSDS the CRC product contains more PEA and the presence of a 2nd amine. Again, IDK if this is "overkill"... just mentioning.

Last edited:
gumout says to use it once a year (or every 15.000 miles), crc is supposed to be used 4 times a year (make that roughly every 3.000 miles) /
you can get one-n-done for pretty much half the price at walmart /
on the other hand, the crc has W A Y more Polyether Amine (3-7% vs 30-40%)

gumout says to use it once a year (or every 15.000 miles), crc is supposed to be used 4 times a year (make that roughly every 3.000 miles) /

Interesting that the treat rate is 4x annually for the CRC product even with it's higher lvls of amines.

Question: are there, if any, downsides to using "too much" PEA during a oci?? I know using solvents (often used in cleaners) too often can be "bad" on some rubber types and can sneak past rings into the crankcase (but is there a credible concern given the dilution in fuel) but what about PEA itself?? Are there undesirable effects of PEA in the crankcase and is it a legit concern IRL application?

Last edited:

I wonder if the dose rate of 4x per year is for DI engines, and they neglected/conveniently forgot to comment on EFI.
21.gif

I wonder if the dose rate of 4x per year is for DI engines, and they neglected/conveniently forgot to comment on EFI.

nope, looks like they threw everything in one pot....
wink.gif

Well, it's gonna be a while before I need to stock up on system cleaner because there's a BOGO on Techron system cleaner right now but I'll keep an eye out for this CRC product. I've never known CRC to mfg junk so if I can get it for under $13 maybe I'll try it. It seems promising..

What I need to do is pick me up a borescope.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I have a couple, but the $35 DEPSTECH one from Amazon is very good.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I have a couple, but the $35 DEPSTECH one from Amazon is very good.

Tx for the recommendation..ðŸ‘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back