Best dash cam under $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bass from my sound system screwed up my $20 Walmart-special dashcam.

I need a more durable replacement, preferably under $50. I don't necessarily need one with WiFi or GPS, I just want one that is true HD and not camera-phone-from-2004 quality like this one was.

I was looking on Amazon but a lot of the ones they have are Chinese brand names I have never heard of, so I want some opinions before I buy.

Thanks!
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Don't know if it's still available, but I found a Cobra (think radar detectors) dashcam that was 1080p for like $28.99, then a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro memory card for like another $12. I too, have a lot of bass (Image Dynamics IDMAX12 running on a Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdcp amp) and other than some vibration in the image, no issues.

Edit: Amazon has it for $33, and yes, mine was refurb too. I bought it 18 months ago and it's worked every day since with zero issues. Caught a couple sheriffs flying past at 90+, and some real idjits in town and in parking lots. It's been a great deal IMO.

Amazon Cobra dashcam

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Don't know if it's still available, but I found a Cobra (think radar detectors) dashcam that was 1080p for like $28.99, then a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro memory card for like another $12. I too, have a lot of bass (Image Dynamics IDMAX12 running on a Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdcp amp) and other than some vibration in the image, no issues.

Edit: Amazon has it for $33, and yes, mine was refurb too. I bought it 18 months ago and it's worked every day since with zero issues. Caught a couple sheriffs flying past at 90+, and some real idjits in town and in parking lots. It's been a great deal IMO.

Amazon Cobra dashcam

I'll just get that! Can't beat the price, and I already use and like Cobra products. I'm running a Cobra CB and 400w inverter. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have had that yi day cam since 2017 or 2018 and it has worked great. Never an issue in the freezing cold or direct sun. I use it every single day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back