PCV Fix kit 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things done to my Cruze, installed the aftermarket pcv relocation kit and made a hose to replace the fragile corrugated vacuum line that goes from the turbo to the engine. Also had to put a new valve cover on because when the PCV fails inside the intake manifold it pops the diaphragm inside the valve cover too.

pcv fix.jpg

pcv fix 2.jpg

Last edited:
Was looking into this before my '14 Encore bit the big one. Certainly a PITA engine. Went through two valve covers and was flashing codes for a third one when it met a violent death @ 98k.

My 2011 Cruze with the 1.4T had a sickening odor of coolant and coolant loss....but the dealer denied there was a problem....I traded it in for a 2014 Focus 5 speed MT, which has been problem free....and swore off GM.....

I have a 2014 Cruze 1.4T Eco MT and I installed the external check valve as well, routed to a throttle body spacer. That was almost a year ago with 116k miles on it, the dealer had replaced the valve cover once before and needed replacing again, which is what got me looking into why myself. With help from the Cruzetalk forum I found my check valve was missing. I replaced the tubing (GM tubing, not home made), replaced the valve cover, installed a BNR throttle body spacer to provide vacuum for the external check valve plumbing and now at 142k miles, no issues since. Time will tell but it seems like it should be a pretty permanent fix.

Overall I really like my car, but issues like this are really annoying. At least someone came up with a good aftermarket fix. Too bad GM couldn't make it right. I have had my water pump replaced (under warranty) and I've replaced a couple of coolant hoses and pipes myself. Each solved my coolant loss issues. Too bad so many of these cars have issues as they are a nice car otherwise.

Originally Posted by 901Memphis
A couple of things done to my Cruze, installed the aftermarket pcv relocation kit and made a hose to replace the fragile corrugated vacuum line that goes from the turbo to the engine. Also had to put a new valve cover on because when the PCV fails inside the intake manifold it pops the diaphragm inside the valve cover too.

Where did you get the aftermarket pcv relocation kit? My daughter has a 2012 Cruze 1.4 and had the intake and valve cover replaced once already at 35k miles but has 66k on it now. If it needs to be replaced again, I would like to go this route. Seems to be a better fix for sure.

Originally Posted by JC1
Looks like a better solution. These young engineers have no clue about the serviceability of cars.

My money says they were instructed to make it hard enough you'd just bring it to the Stealership!

Just changed ignition coil and 4 plugs in 20 minutes

Now that I have done one … could do it fast next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back