Just replaced my cabin filters and regretting it

Both my accord and odyssey had charcoal cabin air filters from advance auto $15 each
i decided to get the OEM denso filters were only $5 each without charoal

it has only been a week but

Now mb i'm just being hypersenitive but i am noticing every diesel truck, skunk, sewer, new blacktop, etc
I'm thinking of tossing these and getting new charcoal filters...

is there a reason to not cheap out?
what is the best value brand with charcoal?

Originally Posted by Brybo86

Didn't you already answer your own question?
confused2.gif

As for value, I think since each manufacturer is different, applications will vary.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by Brybo86

Didn't you already answer your own question?
confused2.gif

Heh, sure sounds like it.

IMO, you should shop around and find an OEM one with the charcoal, and then swap it in. Try it for a couple days, then swap it out. Do this a few time. Maybe, as you say, you're being hypersensitive, and there isn't a problem at all.

But if you do notice it, then I'd buy yet another filter. Surely the OEM is most expensive, so, buy a cheaper one with charcoal. Swap that in and see if it does the job. If not, then you've proven to yourself that OEM is the best way to go.

Now if the filter is a pain to change, and it's not that many dollars, then just live with the price. It's what, change once or twice a year? Sometimes that's how life goes.

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
First time I ever heard someone refer to OEM Denso as taking the cheap way out.

i would generally agreed which is why i bought them for $5 each, shipped from amazon DENSO 4532026

they look identical to the honda part numbers

80292-SDA-A01
replaced by 80292-SDA-407

these do not have charcoal
it did not come with charcoal CAF from the factory.

Last edited:
I did notice a difference when using the Fram ones from Walmart. Odors were gone. Some people claim they are too restrictive and overwork the blower so I went away from them. They are usually nearing the $15 mark in most models.

Originally Posted by PimTac
That is what the recirculate button is for.

Beat me to it.

The best cabin filters for both your Hondas would be the Micronair HN03104C. Micronair is the OE supplier, but Honda doesn't offer an OEM charcoal cabin filter from the dealer/factory.

Another very good choice is the Mann FP2358. Not only does this filter have charcoal, it also has another layer to stop mold. The Purolator Boss Cabin filter is a reboxed Mann FP. Purolator part number PBC35519. Both of these do cost more than a standard cabin filter, but you may find them worth it.

If all of those are too expensive, you might like the Fram CF10134. About $11

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
First time I ever heard someone refer to OEM Denso as taking the cheap way out.

Is there a chance that the $5 Denso may be fake?

Amazon has several house brand cabin filters that have been fine.

The Denso toyota filter is plain pleated paper type filter and very thin.

I did read some reviews about people worried about charcoal filters and coal lung illnesses. After I read that I stuck with the non charcoal ones. Probably all garbage talk anyways.

Back