Need Grease recommendations for Treadmill Deck Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Landice treadmill. I took it apart to clean it and do some maintenance.

The deck posts with rubber absorbers and nylon spacers hold the treadmill deck.
According to the Landice manual, they use White Lithium grease. My posts had
the grease dried out and discolored.

I'm looking for recommendations for better quality / longer lasting grease alternative to the White Lithium grease
that will not harm the rubber absorbers and nylon spacers? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 12.21.31 PM.png

20190924_185938.jpg

20190924_185943.jpg

Last edited:
That Lubriplate stuff they use sounds a lot like the same stuff Genie uses for their garage door opener screw(rack) drive. It does dry out even there.

I'd try SuperLube or Tri-Flow Clear Teflon Grease. You can even use 3M Silicone Paste/Dow 111/CRC Silaramic Brake Grease. You want something benign to the rubber parts.

nthach has the right idea. I'd probably just use the superlube, myself. *Maybe* some silicone paste instead depending on what I have on hand (which is both, of course).

I figured some silicone type grease would probably be better since it won't have issues with the rubber.

I had a tube of NovaGard G661 Silicone Grease so I tried some of that. Haven't put the treadmill back together yet.

The Novagard G661 is a 5.3 oz. tube of silicone grease compound that provides water resistance and resistance to most chemicals for use in applications such as lubricating valves and O-rings in small hydraulic piston assemblies. The compound is formulated with polydimethyl siloxane fluids with inert, amorphous silica fillers. The water and chemical resistance provide both lubricity and sealing properties. The compound has a temperature range of -40 to +400 degrees F (-40 to +204 degrees C). It meets Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR section 178.3570 for incidental food contact. The compound is a translucent paste with a stiff, tacky consistency.

71r0XAz6bhL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Just when I thought I was caught up with my maintenance! How many years old is the treadmill? I'm guessing the deterioration of the lube was based on age and not "miles". LOL. Did you have to take it all apart to get at the lube point or do you think you could have poor boyed it and used a can with an application straw. Thanks.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back