Why is this forum so interesting?

I think we all like to see when something fulfills its purpose. Oil changes wouldn't be interesting if the oil came out looking as golden and clear as it went in right?

You can ask about the most obscure use case of a product and someone will have an answer.

"What grease is most resistant to chicken feather residue in a poultry processing machine?

-"Back in 1982 I used to work for Purdue and we exclusively used White Lithium grease from a tub"

"Is Walmart Distilled water more pure than Target Distilled water I don't mind spending extra on the purest water"?

-"According to the water analysis report Walmart Distilled water is distributed by MEGA CORP distribution which rebrands expired Poland Spring Distilled water. They used to make it in the USA but now export it from Zimbabwe. Walmart Distilled water has 0.00000000001% more Impurities than Target water so you should get the Target brand"

Originally Posted by A_User55555
You can ask about the most obscure use case of a product and someone will have an answer.

"What grease is most resistant to chicken feather residue in a poultry processing machine?

-"Back in 1982 I used to work for Purdue and we exclusively used White Lithium grease from a tub"

"Is Walmart Distilled water more pure than Target Distilled water I don't mind spending extra on the purest water"?

-"According to the water analysis report Walmart Distilled water is distributed by MEGA CORP distribution which rebrands expired Poland Spring Distilled water. They used to make it in the USA but now export it from Zimbabwe. Walmart Distilled water has 0.00000000001% more Impurities than Target water so you should get the Target brand"

+1 (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by jharrison
It's like some strange voyeuristic curiosity. Like listening to people crinkle potato chip bags on youtube.

That, my friend, is a fetish. TMI!

....some would call that coo coo for cocoa puffs...not me...but someone would.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by A_User55555

crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Oil, lubrication, and filters are fascinating. Even more so when you get to do your own maintenance on your own machines. It's the little boy in us who loves knowledge and working with their hands and that feeling of accomplishment.

Honestly, I just like using the best products within reason. I research everything, why not motor oil and filters? Plus the community here is laid back and most of us have been here for years. Intelligent posters enjoy conversing with one another. Most other enthusiast auto forums are too full of knuckleheads for any meaningful research or discussion.. Especially the past few years with social media and smart phones. Every punk is posting on forums from their phone.

It’s best to not seek out a forum of compulsive individuals, regardless of the topic, and then use that very forum to bash those same individuals for being compulsive. There’s something not quite right with that. 🧐. At times I’m guilty of the same offense. Perhaps I’ll get better.

I learn a lot from this forum and I also try to figure out which vehicles are the most reliable. There is very interesting information acquired on an almost daily basis. Every little tip increases my knowledge and soon I can become a self appointed expert on oil automotive topics.

its cause Americans love their cars and want to know the best products they can use to maintain them and best value for the products also, and where to get them

Back