Voltronic Engine Oil Made in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used before Voltronic engine oil? Is it equivalent to Liqui Moly? Since Voltronic is marketing as Made in Germany products.

When I was a kid I had my Voltron get to where it wouldn't bend or anything and a little baby oil helped it..does that count?🤔

Last edited:
Looks like it may be pretty decent oil. Won't know until there have been a few VOA/UOA's done. The say on their Facebook page to beware of other products that aren't 100% synthetic using marketing terms and German production to confuse the consumer. Sounds like here.

It is unknown here in germany, the Company dont sell their products here in Germany. They produce only for export, mainly Asia, where they use the "made in Germany" as a advantage for selling their products.

There was a lenghty threat about Voltronic here : https://oil-club.de/index.php?thread/1357-hersteller-voltronic/ you may want to translate it.

For sure, this oil is made in germany. The approvals are only "Reccomendations for...", see here: https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/kategorie_Motoroel.html

As it dont carrys a lot of genuine OEM approvals, it should be cheaper than Liqui Moly how carrys a lot of genuine OEM approvals.

Would i use it in my engines? Yes.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the input from Germany. Im not sure whether they did marketing in Germany, but they are targeting aggressively on Asia especially Singapore and Thailand. Moving on to Vietnam, Taiwan and Malaysia. Now i have an idea its not really equivalent to Liqui Moly as they declared in their marketing.

Liqui Moly is Made in germany, it is the Nr. 1 best selling brand in Germany, it carrys genuine approvals, and they never played "Synthetic" games, they where always honest wich of their oils contains Group IV and Group III.

Nothing to Complain. A lot of my Co-workers and friends use it, nobody complains, no exxesive oil consumption, nothing.

Maybe there are better oils outside, sure. Liqui Moly is just a very good oil, nothing stellar. But Liqui Moly get a lot of undeserverd critics, especially here at Bitog it seems.

I am sure that Voltronic is also a good oil. But when it dont carrys genuine approvals, it should be cheaper compared to Liqui moly.

Only a VOA / UOA will show the truth wich oil is better.

A little update in this post as i emailed voltronic and trying to get the oil datasheet. They didn't response to email so I'm inquiring on the technical manager of Voltronic Mr Holger Lange. He did manage to ask few questions on my understanding of Viscosity index. Somehow after i requested for more info on their products datasheet , he did not response anymore. Could it be Voltronic also like Amsoil which does not disclose their based oil and specifications online?

Originally Posted by Ntony
A little update in this post as i emailed voltronic and trying to get the oil datasheet. They didn't response to email so I'm inquiring on the technical manager of Voltronic Mr Holger Lange. He did manage to ask few questions on my understanding of Viscosity index. Somehow after i requested for more info on their products datasheet , he did not response anymore. Could it be Voltronic also like Amsoil which does not disclose their based oil and specifications online?

What specifications would they disclose? Does it carry any?

Their touring series engine oil does not come with viscosity grade. Which they disclose as multi grade viscosity oil, based on the Engine and area temperature, the oil will be maintain as the same viscosity as manufacturers recommend specs. But if the engine require 0w20 oil, how do we know that Voltronic Multi grade oil is the same as 0w20?

Originally Posted by Ntony
Their touring series engine oil does not come with viscosity grade. Which they disclose as multi grade viscosity oil, based on the Engine and area temperature, the oil will be maintain as the same viscosity as manufacturers recommend specs. But if the engine require 0w20 oil, how do we know that Voltronic Multi grade oil is the same as 0w20?

I wasn't asking about the grade really, hopefully the blender does get that right. I meant specifications, approvals and licenses the oil carries. Those are more important than grade since many approvals and specifications dictate a minimum HTHS or grade.

And as an aside, there is no engine that requires a 0W-20 oil.

Their websites does indicate the specification and license that the specific oil carries but however i did a search on API website on the product approvals somehow there is no record on the product. Im not sure how to search on ACEA approvals, but I believe Voltronic oil is not that good as Liqui Moly as they marketing here in Asia. Its just not enough licensing and approvals to proof they are the same par with LM.
Somehow their technical team is not responsive to technical questions and no info on datasheets so I think they marketing as Made in Germany products to try to attracts people to buy their products only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back