One option for fresh tires... Cooper from Walmart.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, my data sample here is two sets... but here's what I've experienced.

I've recently bought two sets of Cooper tires through Wal-Mart, because WM had the lowest price out there, and installation at my local store is $15 each. One was a set of Cooper Cobras, and one set of Starfire Solarus tires.

Most folks should be familiar with the Cobra... Cooper has made it for decades now.

The Starfire Solarus is a recently released, low priced, Cooper private label tire with a 50,000 mile warranty... but made in Mississippi, in the good old US of A. I would consider it to be a competitor to any number of the low priced, no-name Chinese tires that are on the market today. I bought these over the Milestar MS775.

Both sets were drop shipped directly to me from Cooper tire warehouses. The Cobras drop shipped out of Frankiln (Indianapolis) Indiana. and the Solarus out of Grand Prairie (Dallas) Texas. The Cobras arrived overnight, and the Solarus arrived in two days.

But were they fresh tires? The Cobras were less than two months old, and the Solarus were less than three months old.

If you're looking for fresh tires, this is an option that has worked for me. Since there's not a middle-man involved, who could let the tires sit for months/years... and these are drop shipping directly from the manufacturer... the odds are apparenly a lot better.

tyres are date coded so you can check their manufacturing date, like batteries fresher is better!!

The date codes on the Cooper Evolution HTs that I put on the pickup last fall were only a couple months old at that time. I didn't buy them from Walmart, I chose a local company with a stellar reputation.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
The date codes on the Cooper Evolution HTs that I put on the pickup last fall were only a couple months old at that time. I didn't buy them from Walmart, I chose a local company with a stellar reputation.

Congratulations. As I said... it's an observation .and an option for others to consider.

My preferred local place doesn't have a direct supplier for Cooper tires.

It's a pretty sad thing that you have to check the date codes on tires like they were vegetables. What is it they are all doing today to cause this? Could it just be my favorite bird dinging........cheap cheap cheap🤔

Originally Posted by Driz
It's a pretty sad thing that you have to check the date codes on tires like they were vegetables. What is it they are all doing today to cause this? Could it just be my favorite bird dinging........cheap cheap cheap🤔

Most people don't.....and yet you don't see many blow outs.

Makes one wonder how important it really is....pasts the paranoia plate on BITOG .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back