200K more to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Gotta start driving the 4Runner more....
thankyou2.gif

I'm getting fairly proficient in banging the dash console to make the speedometer work. Does anyone know what I mean?

Last edited:
I do know what you mean. My Cavalier has to have the Fonzi touch for the odometer to work. Congrats on reaching 300,000 miles. That shows that not only do you have a good vehicle, but that it's been well maintained.

I had my cluster rebuilt at the local auto electronics shop here in Richmond, VA on my 2000 Mustang. The odometer only lit up some of the time so I had the whole thing rebuilt a couple years ago since I had it out. Cost was $200. FWIW they said they could get almost any auto electronics device to work again, no matter how obscure it is. This is good news for those of us who have old computer cars where the parts may be no longer made or available. I doubt we'll have this issue, though, with 4 Runners and Mustangs lol.

Originally Posted by zfasts03
That's a lot of gas and seat time!

You got that right! 300,000 miles at an average speed of 35 MPH, (and I'd be surprised if it's that high), equates to 8,571 hours of driving time. Or 357 days. Or just over one week short of a YEAR behind the wheel!

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Is the seat worn out?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Silverado12
I had my cluster rebuilt at the local auto electronics shop here in Richmond, VA on my 2000 Mustang. The odometer only lit up some of the time so I had the whole thing rebuilt a couple years ago since I had it out. Cost was $200. FWIW they said they could get almost any auto electronics device to work again, no matter how obscure it is. This is good news for those of us who have old computer cars where the parts may be no longer made or available. I doubt we'll have this issue, though, with 4 Runners and Mustangs lol.

I only live 3 hours from Richmond. What is the companies name? PM if you like.

Originally Posted by diyjake
I take it the 4Runner doesn't look like it has 300k on it?

It's got those perforated seats so they are a little rough looking.

I've always used Leatherique on my seats. About once every year or two.

Last edited:
By the way, the bottom outside edge of the seat is "perfect"

My GX and other LS are much worse on the bottom cushion. Go figure?

Last edited:
Nice. It'll probably do another 200K! My Corolla just turned 390K. It's going to make 400K no problem, but I don't know about 500K. The engine's using a qt of oil every 700 miles now and it's getting pretty weak. Acceleration on 90+ degree days is pretty bad. Sometimes I have to floor it just to get it going, but everything in/on the car still works...

Nice

What have you had to replace over the years, did you buy it new???

time to have the seat repaired, give it a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back