Any stuffed pepper lovers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I went to local restaurant for stuffed hot peppers. Delicious and with melted mozzarella on them and a salsa like sauce. Very tasty. My dad stuffs his with sour Croat (since actual spelling of what I mean to type is censored).

Anyone else love stuffed hot and sweet peppers?

I love the stuffing that is in them, but I don't eat the actual pepper. They don't agree with me.

I really like them and I'll eat about 1/3 to 1/2 the pepper, or just make it as a pepper casserole.

The ratio of meat to rice is extremely important to having the *best* stuffed peppers.
I prefer green, but yellow and orange are better than red.

never had it with cheese (well maybe a small amount of shred in a casserole)

I dont know if I would like a ton of cheese.. I like to taste the stuffed pepper.

Similar to how I eat my brisket sandwich.. Dont need a ton of fancy sauce and cheese on it... want to taste the meat done right with abit of good barbecue sauce.

I love any kind of stuffed pepper and eat it all.
grin.gif

sauerkraut ? Mom used to make it every year along with dill pickles … everything but the salt we grew …
All the kids pitched in chopping cabbage etc …

There is a place down south of here that does the peppers with a crab dressing … WOW

Originally Posted by 4WD
sauerkraut ? Mom used to make it every year along with dill pickles … everything but the salt we grew …
All the kids pitched in chopping cabbage etc …

There is a place down south of here that does the peppers with a crab dressing … WOW

Yeah, sauerkraut
smile.gif

Rand: they dont put a large amount of cheese on the peppers just a little.

My dad stuffs his with sausage and his own seasonings.

I do. I like to stuff pablano peppers with taco meat and a little Monterey Jack cheese. I then pour enchilada sauce over them and some grated Monterey Jack cheese and bake. Yummy!

[/quote]

Yeah, sauerkraut
smile.gif

Rand: they dont put a large amount of cheese on the peppers just a little.

My dad stuffs his with sausage and his own seasonings. [/quote]

Savory for sure with the sausage …
Mom used to take bacon grease, flour, simmer it in with the homemade sauerkraut …
Then toss crunched up lean bacon bits on that … OMG

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
So, I went to local restaurant for stuffed hot peppers. Delicious and with melted mozzarella on them and a salsa like sauce. Very tasty. My dad stuffs his with sour Croat (since actual spelling of what I mean to type is censored).

You can't post sauerkraut? Hmm.

I like stuffed green peppers, haven't had any in a while.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I love peppers and right now I'm stuffed, so would that make me a stuffed pepper lover?

LOL!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
The best part of making stuffed peppers is making soup with left overs. Shake a little provolone cheese over it.

Very true, my neighbors and one co worker that lives near me does this
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Once a month or so. Mix up some ground beef and ground pork, toss in some spices, onion, wild rice, garlic, stuff it into bell peppers and throw some shredded cheese on top and toss it into the crock pot with some chicken stock.

Shot a red stag least year and made some of the meat into burger. My wife has been making stuffed green peppers with it and they are DELICIOUS! I love to put hot sauce on them.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Shot a red stag least year and made some of the meat into burger. My wife has been making stuffed green peppers with it and they are DELICIOUS! I love to put hot sauce on them.

I do too sir
smile.gif

If you abbreviated sauerkraut by omitting the "sauer" you're left with an ethnic slur which is on the censor program's "naughty words" list.

Gotta love stuffed peppers. They needn't be Mom's recipe. I believe red peppers would add a misplaced sweetness.

Also, in the name of Mom's Home Cooking, I began making salmon croquettes. No deep fat needed. Move 'em around on a lightly oiled frying pan.

Our stuffed peppers are green ...stuffed with a mix of cooked white rice and raw ground beef and smothered in home-canned tomatoes. Goes good with crusty bread. I eat the whole thing.

Might sound weird, but most of the time I make "unstuffed peppers" So much easier for taking to a family gathering in a crock pot!

Just take your rice / hamburger / tomato sauce / cubed up peppers and seasonings. (I pre-cook the peppers until tender)
Throw it all into a casserole dish and bake. Towards the end I top with cheese. Yummy!

Bob Evans' slow cooker meatloaf stuffed inside large poblano peppers (4-6 of them) cooked in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back