iOS 13 snappy/recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to iOS 13 on my iPhone7. Incredibly another update that makes the 3 year old iphone feel/react even quicker. Supposedly up to 2x app load speed. Neat features in it.

Safari web pages open noticeable faster.

Downside some glitches and apparently 13.1 coming soon. Still recommend. Works with iPhone >=6s. Impressive they support the old stuff still.

With iOS 13.0, you can opt to send all unknown calls straight to voicemail. It relies on your contact list. Your phone wont even ring if you get such a call. But if it's someone important, they can leave a voicemail.
Recent outgoing calls not in your contact list wont send them straight to voicemail.

I like it, a lot. I just wish there was some way to get Google Maps and Waze louder. The phone is jacked up all the way, and the apps are set on their highest volume, still no luck. I was hoping the update might have helped.

I like it, and the updated carplay is way better. It used to be pretty buggy for me but now is stable, and being able to have the music/map on the same screen is nice. I have an iPhone SE (because I like the 3.5mm jack) and it runs great on that.

I got the iPhone 11, upgraded from a 7+. Very happy so far. Dark mode is nice.

I'll have to look into this straight to voicemail feature. I'm sure it'll be great for all those robo calls.

I've been running it since June on an iPhone 8, immediately fell in love with it. Got the iPhone 11 now though, and it's even better!

Originally Posted by Skippy722
I've been running it since June on an iPhone 8, immediately fell in love with it. Got the iPhone 11 now though, and it's even better!

Same here on my iPad 6. I only use it for gaming, surfing, and streaming, so it wasn't a big deal if it had bugs...which it did not.

I wait for official releases on my DD phone.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I like it, a lot. I just wish there was some way to get Google Maps and Waze louder. The phone is jacked up all the way, and the apps are set on their highest volume, still no luck. I was hoping the update might have helped.

Wow, that is an issue. Drives me nuts with things like that, simple stuff, like volume being able to turn up high enough.

Originally Posted by alarmguy

Wow, that is an issue. Drives me nuts with things like that, simple stuff, like volume being able to turn up high enough.

As much as I like my phone it has me so crazy I'm considering buying another phone. My wife has a cheap Motorola phone and we can blast those apps w/o issue.

As much as I like my phone it has me so crazy I'm considering buying another phone. My wife has a cheap Motorola phone and we can blast those apps w/o issue.

This is an issue that should not be on an expensive phone. Ive never had an issue like this and never had an expensive phone. Love my Huawei Mate SE ... and wife has a Huawei even less expensive and no issues with either.

My thinking is just going over to the iPhone for a nice tidy package between my desktop and phone. Your post is discouraging ... *L* but I am not in anyway doing anything soon. Mentally I have a problem spending more then $200 on a phone simply because I love my $200 phones actually that is the most I ever spent on one, normally around $100. .
Does everything I need and more, with that said, I find the iPhone 11 and even the XR interesting at around the $500 mark.
The cool thing about having a less expensive phone is, 1- it does everything the more expensive phone does for what I need it for, in many cases better. 2- I could care less if I lose it, swim with it, drop it, I just replace it, thing is, in 25 years, I never had to replace a phone because of malfunction or damage or loss. Heck, my last phone, an Alcatel Idol I jumped in a stream in the Smoky Mountains with it in my back pocket, this was before "waterproof" was a word in the Apple world. Phone freaked out but still had some life in it, let it dry out for the rest of the day and it started working again until the time came for a new phone . :eek:) oops, my last phone, first time in my life, I did damage it, cracked the screen, no big deal, was time for a new one.

I do extensively research everything I buy in life, oh yeah, I own everything, I dont rent or lease. I buy upfront and get super low rates on my ATT service.
I can see possibly buying an iPhone, now that I am loving this new Mac mini.

Last edited:
I really wanted to get an XR but couldn't justify the price tag. Picking up an 6S that is cheaper; I'm accepting that I won't get more than a couple years out of it, and that likely will involve a battery swap. Besides. If I just wait a couple of years, then the XR will be in my price range...

Originally Posted by supton
I really wanted to get an XR but couldn't justify the price tag. Picking up an 6S that is cheaper; I'm accepting that I won't get more than a couple years out of it, and that likely will involve a battery swap. Besides. If I just wait a couple of years, then the XR will be in my price range...

We think alike and honestly most of the country would think the same if they bought their phones instead of renting/leasing and loans. Actually I almost put the 6s plus on my xmas list last year as I move into the "dump Google" everything phase of my life. *L*
I do think the next phone will be an Apple for that reason and because I just moved into the Apple Desktop after having Windows for 25 years.

I mention the XR because now that the 11 is out, maybe better pricing. Just as long as the screen is the same size as my Huawei Mate SE, as it is perfect for me. Only yesterday did I discover the XR, as I said, never much had any interest in any Apple product until recently, even though as a matter of work supplied devices I was using Apple products for up to 14 hours a day for 7 years. At the time I still preferred Windows/Android products because of android screen size and price, until I learned I was a prostitute getting free stuff/apps/programs/etc in exchange for Google selling my personal information.

Last edited:
Yeah, was talking to a coworker who thought I should get the XR. Reason being, price drop due to the newest models coming out, plus, if bought new it should last me 5 years. It was a strong draw but I decided that, despite my usage, I couldn't justify it. Not just yet.

I like being a few years behind the times, others debug the hardware/software/technology/whatever, and I get to buy it when it's a commodity item (lower cost). I'm glad for all the early adopters who iron it out, and like encouraging them to do so.

This is an issue that should not be on an expensive phone. Ive never had an issue like this and never had an expensive phone. Love my Huawei Mate SE ... and wife has a Huawei even less expensive and no issues with either.

My thinking is just going over to the iPhone for a nice tidy package between my desktop and phone. Your post is discouraging ... *L* but I am not in anyway doing anything soon. Mentally I have a problem spending more then $200 on a phone simply because I love my $200 phones actually that is the most I ever spent on one, normally around $100. .
Does everything I need and more, with that said, I find the iPhone 11 and even the XR interesting at around the $500 mark.
The cool thing about having a less expensive phone is, 1- it does everything the more expensive phone does for what I need it for, in many cases better. 2- I could care less if I lose it, swim with it, drop it, I just replace it, thing is, in 25 years, I never had to replace a phone because of malfunction or damage or loss. Heck, my last phone, an Alcatel Idol I jumped in a stream in the Smoky Mountains with it in my back pocket, this was before "waterproof" was a word in the Apple world. Phone freaked out but still had some life in it, let it dry out for the rest of the day and it started working again until the time came for a new phone . :eek:) oops, my last phone, first time in my life, I did damage it, cracked the screen, no big deal, was time for a new one.

I do extensively research everything I buy in life, oh yeah, I own everything, I dont rent or lease. I buy upfront and get super low rates on my ATT service.
I can see possibly buying an iPhone, now that I am loving this new Mac mini.

I feel the same way as you. I don't need the latest and the greatest, but I do expect the phone to work properly. No one seems to have an answer for me, which is very discouraging.

People are fixated on high Apple prices but they offer decent older phones at less then half what people think they cost new. Also iPhone 7 is the new free phone likely and pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back