New Valvoline oil line - Valvoline European Vehicle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/motor-oil/european-vehicle-full-synthetic-motor-oil

It looks like Valvoline has recently introduced a new line of European motor oils to their website. Between the Valvoline 5w40 MST and this newer lineup of Valvoline European, they look relatively similar. The only change I see is that the viscosity (@ 100c) dropped from 13.9 to 13.1 with the new one. It must be a slightly tweaked formulation. I don't see any SN plus though, at least for the 5w40.

Originally Posted by BurntMusic
https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/motor-oil/european-vehicle-full-synthetic-motor-oil

It looks like Valvoline has recently introduced a new line of European motor oils to their website. Between the Valvoline 5w40 MST and this newer lineup of Valvoline European, they look relatively similar. The only change I see is that the viscosity (@ 100c) dropped from 13.9 to 13.1 with the new one. It must be a slightly tweaked formulation. I don't see any SN plus though, at least for the 5w40.

MST KV100 was 13.1 for last 5-6 years.
SN Plus in 5W40 MST is not necessary, as oil exceeds SN Plus in every aspect.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw

If it exceeds it, then I wonder why it doesn't have the approval for it then?

Wonder when and where it will be available?? It's great to have another 229.5 oil in 5-40.

Due to certain levels of additives or specific tests.
It is irrelevant, API specifications are on par with Extra Virgin Oil in Costco.
All European manufacturer specification that oil is approved for, far exceeds anything API.

Due to certain levels of additives or specific tests.
It is irrelevant, API specifications are on par with Extra Virgin Oil in Costco.
All European manufacturer specification that oil is approved for, far exceeds anything API.

Due to certain levels of additives or specific tests, the European manufacturer specification doesn't meet the SN-Plus specification, contrary to your statement.

Due to certain levels of additives or specific tests, the European manufacturer specification doesn't meet the SN-Plus specification, contrary to your statement.

Still irrelevant when we are talking about European applications.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Just as ACEA specs are irrelevant to US domestics API specs are irrelevant with regards to Euro vehicles.

Not sure, as ACEA specs. from everything are more stringent when it comes to deposits, wear etc. At least according to Lubrizol.

Originally Posted by Provi
Is the link dead?

Oh snap, you're right. They totally scrubbed it from their website. Looks like an intern got a little too hasty and posted it when it shouldn't have been.

Sucks. Hopefully it'll be back.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Just as ACEA specs are irrelevant to US domestics API specs are irrelevant with regards to Euro vehicles.

Not sure, as ACEA specs. from everything are more stringent when it comes to deposits, wear etc. At least according to Lubrizol.

I was thinking ACEA ratings are just different, not necessarily better/worse. There appears to be some overlap obviously but API is the last thing a Euro car owner should be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back