Quart bottle cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a strange question, what would be the capacity or size of engine oil quart cap? If it's full completely.

Like if I pour into it, is it like 0.5 oz roughly? Too lazy to check and thought some expert might already know it
smile.gif

Thanks much.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
So I have a strange question, what would be the capacity or size of engine oil quart cap? If it's full completely.

Like if I pour into it, is it like 0.5 oz roughly? Too lazy to check and thought some expert might already know it
smile.gif

Thanks much.

Probably more like 1/3 that. With your math about 64 caps full would fill another quart bottle.

If you are adding to a car the ratio is 1oz to 5gal.

Next time you try it buy a bottle with a clear strip on the side with increments then keep the bottle.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

How is the product's recommended dosage stated on the container?

Have you calculated how much volume you want to add to your 5 gallons of fuel?

FYI: 128 fl. ounces = 1 U.S. gallon. Your tank holds 640 ounces.

Is asking you to cut the cryptic nonsense (and ask your question straight) too harsh a thing to do?

TO Argographite: I'd love to hear about "top oiling". Is that what some MMO people do?

The first definition of "shot glass" I found said it was 1.5 ounces! I always thought 1.5 oz. was a jigger.....so I looked that up too.

They said jigger was 1.5 oz. Get a break-proof container and calibrate it yourself SO YOU KNOW.

Our neighbor had a fuel cap on an old tractor which included a measuring cup built in.....all one piece

With the cap on tight the cup pointed down into the fuel tank. Something like that would fit your needs perfectly.

Originally Posted by Kira
The first definition of "shot glass" I found said it was 1.5 ounces! I always thought 1.5 oz. was a jigger.....so I looked that up too.
Capacity of a shot glass seems to vary, depending on whom you ask. Anything from 1 to 1.5 oz can be considered a shot.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
I am adding it in a motorcycle gas tank of 5 gallons.

go to walmart or wherever and buy one of those shot size glasses that have graduated marks on the side...makes it easy to measure out a few ounces. they are usually in the kitchen area..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back