Would you worry about this tire for 6K miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 36K on the odometer of 2015 Forester. These are OEM tires. Many do not like them but they have been good to us. A good amount of tread life is left but today while cleaning the tires for winter prep, I noticed one of the tire like this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What do you think? I plan to replace all of them next summer. Would you trust them for other 6K miles? The car is due for inspection next month so I will be asking the mechanic to take a good look at all the tires but before I ask him, would like to know what fellow BITOGers think

Thanks

Originally Posted by toneydoc
If that was all I had to worry about, man what a day it would be
lol.gif

You're fine. I see cars with the lettering ground off the FR tire all the time!

I agree with it looking like a minor scuff. The scuffed wheel in the same area also indicates a scuff to me.

You're good, that's scuffing, check the inside side of the tire with a flashlight if you are really concerned about dry rot but they seem fine to me.

I wouldn't consider that major going into winter in NY I'd be more concerned about the tread left for dealing with rain and some snow.
There is some very fine checking on the side wall but not major. I'd put a little money back each month and hit the tire sales next spring.

Thank you, folks. Just wasn't too sure.

Originally Posted by toneydoc

If that was all I had to worry about, man what a day it would be

That IS true. Don't be under the impression that's all I have to worry about. Life has been a lemon for the most part of the last decade but I am trying to make lemonade out of it. Not interested in an iota of unnecessary stress so stitching in time to save nine.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I wouldn't consider that major going into winter in NY I'd be more concerned about the tread left for dealing with rain and some snow.
There is some very fine checking on the side wall but not major. I'd put a little money back each month and hit the tire sales next spring.

Yes Sir, doing that at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back