02 Honda Accord V6 Aluminum Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having big problems with radiators from local auto parts store.. The coolant would leak / seep out of the top ... I changed the thermostat.. I would do pressure check and before 13lbs you could see it start to seep out the top of the radiator...

Well Finally I got 100% Welded aluminum Radiator that has OEM Form and fit.. I mean it fit perfect!!!

Take a look at the pics.. Also with my silicone radiator hoses it looks nice and guess what???

No more seeping out the seal at the top of the radiator. It cant leak check out the welds.. Also seems like it runs cooler and the tranmission cooler lines fit perfect and Im not sure but I would think even the transmssion runs cooler now.. This Radiator is suppose to cool 30% better then OEM and it even holds more coolant....

I even tried KOYO plastic OEM radiator and it only last about a year before it started to leak...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

CHECK OUT THE WELDS
smile.gif

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

So what you think?

Last edited:
I just put new struts on it front and back.... not the best brand but good enough... Speedy Strut from Sensen..... It had the original Honda struts that had 270K miles on it... I also changed the antisway bar front and rear..... plus a new set of falken tires...

I know its a old car but everything works on it.. the A/C is freezing and Im the 2nd owner. The man I bought the car from bought it brand new..

The Sun Roof works.. all the windows... I mean everything... I could get a new car right now If i wanted but why?? Then I would have a payment and huge car insurance... This car works absolutly fine and I really enjoy it..

Also when i need speed its fast.. However Im very easy on it.....

what else did you want to know??

Last edited:
My father-in-law has that car since 02 new. On his 3rd transmission. Other then [censored] poor transmission design it has been good.

Originally Posted by satyr64
My father-in-law has that car since 02 new. On his 3rd transmission. Other then [censored] poor transmission design it has been good.

Im on the 1st transmission... I bought this car from the 1st owner and he kept the car perfect...... I mean he changed his atf fluid each 3rd oil change. Matter of fact he gave me a case of ATF Fluid when I bought it..
Some was ATF Z1 and most was the new ATF DW-1 ** NOW ITS POSSIBLE the first owner might have changed the transmision or had the dealer do it **..

Also he mentioned the transmissions in these cars had problems and told me he drove the car very easy... never beat on it.. I have had the car going on 8 years and I have probably only floored the car 1 or 2 times from a dead stop.
My Family says its the creeper b/c I creep around slowly from a start....

Also this new 2row radiator keeps the transmission much cooler.. I mean I have no eveidence but since its 2 row and the radiator holds more coolant and I had to add more ATF after then came out tells me the more fluid and more cooling is better....

I was not low on ATF when I did the job and i know the OEM cooler that built into the OEM radiator doesnt hold much... but after the job I had to add nearly a extra Quart...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
NIIIIICE!
How'bout the rest of the car?
smile.gif

The rest of the car is good.. The leather seats are in good shape.... everything works.. All the power windows the A/C is freezing.. I keep the thermometer in the vent and when the a/c is on its actually will get below 40 degrees..

Now I have had to do some up keep.. I had to take off the intake and clean the EGR passage and put in new EGR Valve... I guess that happens with these V6 Hondas.. Also Struts and the red igntion coils and I put in HIDs and new headlight assemblies b/c new ones just look so much better. The OE Spoiler LED lights work..

People at work are amazed how a car with so many miles is so clean....

Also I did put new DENSO O2 Sensors and new Engine Mounts and AT Mounts...

also Thermostat... I got a ASIN Thermostat.. Also the silicone Radiator hoses.... Also I changed the heater hoses.. So I have done some up keep.

Ohh Also the 2nd gear and 3rd gear AT oil pressure sensor and the dual linear AT Solenoid and it didn't need it but I changed the Torque Converter lock out solenoid also.

Ohh also I did the timing belt and water pump job.. I wish i would of gotten a purple Gates High Performance Timing belt but I just got a Mitsubishi belt .. It was the same that was on the car....

So I have done some normal work that needed to be done.

Oh also the TIE ROD ENDS..... Those needed to be changed .. Also I changed both rear wheel bearings.... Those things started to get loud when then went bad.\

Ohh also 2 times i have changed the spark plugs and I used the OEM NGK Laser Platinums... with the part number that is actually in the owners manual... the Exact Factory plug....

Plus I have added a ATF Filter.. I added a Magnefine ATF Filter and I got the metal one.. I didnt trust the plastic one to long.. I had one of them on for too.. but changed it to the metal one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mclasser
Nice! I like seeing a fellow 02 Accord taken care of
smile.gif

I do to.. There is a customer at work that has a 02 Honda Accord with 390K miles on it.. However he is on his 3rd transmission but he said he used to really beat on the car when he first got it b/c it had so much power....
Well at least some much power compared to the car he had before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back